lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

It would work, but likely wouldn't last long. The resistor coil speed control is totally not going to be happy on 48v. The solenoid coils would would run hot too, shortening their life. ScottyB (www.cartsunlimited.net) has some nice solenoids for sale that are ready for 48v.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2018, 01:42 AM   #22
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

Okay I'll scratch that idea...back to controller.

How would the 500 do over the 400; in the case that I wish to upgrade the motor later? If I were to upgrade the solonoids as well, which one's are best?

So with the new controller, the PB-6, and the new cables; would I be bypassing most of the other components i there? What other parts for this conversion would I need? While I am technically capable, I unfortunately have no prior golf cart experience. Would you by chance have any wiring diagrams or further details as to how these components all come together?

Thanks
jakehanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A 500a would be great, but it won't be like night and day vs a 400a. A little better acceleration, a little better hill climbing. You will also need a 48v main solenoid, new 48v reversing contactors (2 solenoids that flip-flop power to the motor to achieve Forward & Reverse control), a 48v charger & batteries. You would be stripping out the resistor coils, the throttle wiper board, the old solenoids.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:54 AM   #24
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So then the F&R on the keyswitch would have to go right?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #25
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So I figured out what the chrome knob above the ashtray is. It is a stop switch... Anyone know how and where this wires to, since the leads are disconnected?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #26
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehanl View Post
So then the F&R on the keyswitch would have to go right?

Unless you can trace the wires and attach them to the control wires for one of Scotty’s reversing contactors...

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:04 AM   #27
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not sure if this helps but you can see the rotary FNR I used. I still have plans to go to a contactor someday but you know my cart always ends up being priority...[emoji846]

Old 10-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #28
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post some pictures of your cart, including all the electronics that are present.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #29
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Will do this in a short while...Did you by chance find out the D&D motor model so I can look it up? Were there other motor parts needed as well?
Old 10-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #30
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha