lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: My 87 Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Rebuild

Great progress so far!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #12
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The prior owner did have a Curtis controller box in this thing already; but today when I went to make some accelerator pedal adjustments I noticed that there was some wiring connected to it. Does anyone think that I will need to disconnect any wiring from behind the gas pedal; or do you think that it's a moot point being that someone was already using this previous with a controller? When I got it it had the original wiper board; which I have replaced now with a PB-6. Honestly I'm not even sure what the existing wiring shown in the photo below exactly did - or if I should even worry about it at all? I just wasn't sure if it in any way might interfere with anything being that it's still connected here under the pedal (not sure if it was even disconnected anywhere else).

jakehanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Photo?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:57 AM   #14
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's strange my photos disappeared in my previous post... sorry.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-20-2018, 02:05 AM   #15
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Does anyone know if I will have any issues connecting my battery voltage meter positive line directly to the main B+ line that starts at battery positive and then goes to my emergency start/stop switch. I want to connect it to the stop/start switch directly before the catastrophic fuse; instead of directly to the battery positive directly? Reason being is that if I should wish to shut the entire cart down with the stop/start switch, that it would also turn off the meter as well.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #16
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have drawn a messy diagram of my wiring thus far and would very much appreciate the input of others' as to any errors, potential fires and basically whether or not I have this 100% correct thus far.

I sincerely appreciate in advance your thoughts, opinions and knowledge of the accuracy of my wiring.

One thing to note, I am using the original ignition keyswitch which controls forward, off & reverse wiring direct to my reversing solenoids.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

In general, it looks good.
I usually don't put pack main B+ & B- so close to each other when i am deciding the pack configuration.

Speaking of that, I too will be building a upgrade G3e at work in the coming weeks (as the parts show up). Will be going 48v, sepex, aiming for over 20mph, with improved power, speed, range, and general refinement.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Speaking of that, I too will be building a upgrade G3e at work in the coming weeks (as the parts show up). Will be going 48v, sepex, aiming for over 20mph, with improved power, speed, range, and general refinement.

I can’t wait to see it! Mine is all of those things except for sepex. I prefer series.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #19
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks...will take that pack advice. Do either of you see any grave wiring errors or other issues that will come back to burn me (lol)? Just want to have many sets of eye's on this to ensure that no mistakes were made by me here, being a newbie and first timer wiring up a cart.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:22 AM   #20
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well I bought the batteries and awaiting the Summit II charger to arrive; and them will begin wiring up and testing. Does anyone see anything out of order at all in the above diagram? I know I already asked and got one solid answer; just want to be sure there's no grave errors on my part. I will be posting updated photos of everything shortly.

I have replaced the flooring and installed the voltage and empty full gauges; and have installed ratchet straps as battery hold downs. Photos soon :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha