lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 12:12 AM   #21
fteti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO Elite Samsung SDI Batteries

I know what you mean .. starting to regret spending the $$ on a new cart. I've had folks walking their dogs pass me by... :-(
fteti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

There is a solution. Unfortunately, the current Elite models of the S4 and L6 were "bastardized" by E-Z-GO to use their 51.2V (their programmed nominal voltage) version of the Samsung lithium pack developed for the RXV and TXT48 Elite models. Resulting in a 72V vehicle running from a pack that is undervoltaged for the original design voltage of the vehicle. The good news is they can be improved, while the bad news is they have desigh flaws that pop up in stock form. With the lowered voltage, they must push more current to the 3 phase AC windings in the motor to retain rotor lock (to reduce slip). This causes additional motor heating. While the speedup is possible, we need to soften accel and limit the top end in an attempt to deal with the issues caused by these design flaws. Otherwise, shutdowns occur from motor overheat in a fairly short time. The lithium pack also has a cutback point that causes what I call "porpoising", where the BMS cuts back on current, then re-applies current, repeatedly. The solution is to further reduce accel rate until it stops doing that. By limiting speed to about 27 MPH and tweaking accel, we can reach a compromise that is usually acceptable.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #23
sirtone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is what I need!!!
sirtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #24
wcesq
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob Boyce is the real deal. Came to my house today, DOUBLED the speed on my 2020 EZGO L4 shoreline (converted to six seater) in both rabbit and turtle mode. Now screaming at 32 top (rabbit) and 25 (turtle) with tuning torque and regen braking. Very very happy with his tuning. Worth every cent.

Thanks Bob!
wcesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #25
wcesq
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same 2020 EZGO Shoreline (added rear seat to be six seater) and was also disappointed with the speed when I first got it. Bob Boyce tuned mine this afternoon and it is a new machine, DOUBLED THE SPEED - top is now 32 in rabbit mode, and 25 in turtle all with regen tuning and no harsh or harmful coding modifications. Well worth it.
wcesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:57 PM   #26
mafialink
Getting Wild

Anyone test the limits on range with their Samsung SDI batteries? I did today..

Went about 20 miles before I started to see it slow down. All with 4 passengers (around 500lbs load). Speed average was 26mph. Half way through (around 10 miles) I turned on the lights (led) and sound bar for music.

Anyone see better distance?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #27
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafialink View Post
Anyone test the limits on range with their Samsung SDI batteries? I did today..

Went about 20 miles before I started to see it slow down. All with 4 passengers (around 500lbs load). Speed average was 26mph. Half way through (around 10 miles) I turned on the lights (led) and sound bar for music.

Anyone see better distance?

Which model do you have? 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0?
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #28
mafialink
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
Which model do you have? 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0?
I have no idea. How do I find out?

mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
Textron
Not Yet Wild

According to other posts you should find the amp-hour on the battery pack. 60 amp-hour is 2.0,,,, 90 amp-hour is 3.0,,,, and 120 amp-hour is 4.0. Mafialink what cart do you have ? The 26 mph speed your getting,,,has your controller been tuned ? Seems faster than others than are posting in.
Textron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #30
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafialink View Post
I have no idea. How do I find out?

Easy way
If you have one battery it’s a 2.0
If there is two batteries could be 3.0 or 4.0
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO