lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Delta Q SC-48 Charger Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyone View Post
To OJO:

To bronsonj: There was no reading of any volts so 0 volts in the batteries.

Thanks
That can't be correct.....Are you checking the individual batteries with a digital voltmeter such as this
https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-a...71_0?rrec=true

Or going by what the charger/dashmeter is telling you.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's how you can charge 3 batteries at a time with a 24v charger, single loading of a 8v battery with 12v car charger is not recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210413_215939.jpg (36.1 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:46 AM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There's something wrong if you're reading 0 volts.

If you have a significant parasitic draw it might over enough time draw your batteries to 0, but that's not a likely scenario.

Is your meter working properly? You might have a bad connection on the leads of your meter. Try reading the 12V battery on your car since you know that works.

An 8V battery is completely dead at 8.07V and is fully charged at 8.49v. If your batteries are actually reading 0V then they are likely destroyed and you will need a new set. Hopefully the DVM you're using is having some sort of issue and not your battery pack.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #14
slyone
Not Yet Wild

Guys I really appreciate your advice. This is the situation as of now.

I was only able to borrow a Schumacher 12 volt charger, capable of charging at 6<>2A, 30A or 100A engine start It is brand new. When it is first plugged in it shows the type battery being charged the and percent of charge. It automatically goes to 30A. It shows its charging an 8.3V battery with a 0 percent charge. I unhooked the wires from golfcart to the batteries and the cable connecting the two banks of batteries. They charged overnight with no and showed o percent charge and 6V.

Advice?

Thanks
slyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you charge each 8v battery individually with that charger?
Now you need to use a volt meter to check the voltage of each battery individually. You have six 8v batteries so we need to know what each battery is to 2 digits past the decimal. So if they are shot or the charge didn't work you might see 7.86V or some such. I'm hopeful that you see something like 8.36v. We can't rely on the % charged displayed on the charger as they normally aren't configured for 8V batteries.

If all six of the batteries read something 8.00v or higher then you can connect the regular golf cart charger and it should begin a charge cycle. Unless they're fully charged. Actually, even if all the batteries are lower than 8.00v each the regular golf cart charger may work.

If all your batteries are still below 8v each then you might have a systemic parasitic draw. If two batteries are below 8v and the rest at or above 8v then you have two batteries being used for accessories and the accessory circuit has a short or parasitic draw.

If the regular golf cart charger won't work, then I'd disconnect the battery cables between two batteries so it breaks the circuit (in case there is a parasitic draw) and retry charging them individually. If that works then you need to search for where your short/draw might be.

Also, I assume the batteries have sufficient water in them but have you checked? The water needs to be above the lead plates.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #16
slyone
Not Yet Wild

Allelujah! I connected the cart charger up and it works. As I type the golfcart is taking a charge.....I hope. I'll report back.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:16 AM   #17
slyone
Not Yet Wild

I'm on the road again! Thanks very much JohnnieB, HarryT, BamaBrad, ojo (the diagram really helped) and bronsonj (the detailed and specific explanations really helped me understand the what and how of the issue and process. The guidance and advice has been the best of any site I've used for any type problem. Thanks again.

slyone
Old 04-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #18
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #19
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's awesome!

You will want to verify the charger is fully charging your pack. When you have a day that you don't plan on using the cart, fully charge it up and then disconnect the charger and let the cart sit 12-ish hours untouched. Then measure the pack voltage. Hopefully you'll see something around 50.9v which is 100%. I had a charger go bad and would only charge to 50.4 which is 90%.

Glad it's running again and good luck!
Old 04-19-2021, 08:52 AM   #20
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Probably would be a good idea to do a number of back to back Full charges. Let sit for a couple of days in between. I always put my cart on charge after EVERY use. Batteries love to be charged. If you have not read the "Stickies" for batteries, would be good to do so.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO