lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
Jumanji
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 Onward HP - 12V Power Source

Hello Experts,

I was looking for a 12V power source behind the dash panel to power a set of Rock Lights that could draw a maximum 2A at 12V.

I could not find a 12V source, but noticed an unused pigtail set (Black/Red) which measures 50V when the key is turned on.

My question is: Can I use these pigtails to power a small, 10A Voltage Reducer or am I asking for trouble.

Thanks in advance!
Jumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
kevinmoore73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2020 Onward HP - 12V Power Source

I'm guessing that you don't have the factory state of charge meter? I believe that's what those are for. I would not use those to power anything.

You probably want to install a voltage reducer. I used the OEM one in my Precedent and it was a plug-and-play install.
kevinmoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
Jumanji
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I do have the charge meter installed from the factory.
The pigtail I mentioned appears to be coming off the emergency flasher.

I do have the factory voltage reducer installed, but I hate to splice into the 12V supply wires located under the front passenger side by the wheel.

Adding another reducer is beyond my expertise.

Thank for the response.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #4
kevinmoore73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm not sure what those wires are for. Personally, I wouldn't use them.

Instead of splicing the 12V wires up near the wheel, you could splice off them in the instrument panel. On the lighting side of the reducer harness you should have a 12 gauge black -12V wire and a 12 gauge blue +12V wire. See the lower-left of the attachment for the wires I mean.

I don't know the part number, but I got a small harness from my Club Car dealer that did the "splice" for me. It connected between the return side of the reducer harness and my lighting harness and has male and female spade connectors on it. I wish I'd taken a picture of it. The only down side to it is that it makes for a whole lot of large plastic harness connectors to stuff behind the panel.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 1.38.14 PM.png (50.8 KB, 0 views)
kevinmoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #5
Jumanji
Not Yet Wild

Ah, that sounds like the way to go!

I'll talk with a dealer and see if they have something like that rather than splicing into the wires directly on the return side.

Thank you very much!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car