lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
red3201
Not Yet Wild

Talking Oil Starvation on lifted 99 EZ Go?

I just installed a Jakes Long travel on my '99 TXT.I was just wondering that with the engine tilted back are there any issues with oil not getting to the proper areas?It sit's about 8" in the front and 6" in the rear.I was actually thinking about shackles in the rear to level it but i don't want to blow up the 295 in it
red3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Talntedmrgreen
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil Starvation on lifted 99 EZ Go?

Can't imagine you'd have any trouble with oil.

How do you like that Jake's? Did the turning radius change? I'm looking at that setup myself.

My 99TXT has ran great, and I've purposely ran it hard (i would kinda like to bump up the motor size, so I wasn't too worried). Lots of mud, sand, hills, you name it. I change the oil regularly (out of guilt?), and it always looks good. My compression stays strong, and I really run it out (26mph once on the level on GPS). She'll run 23-24 any day of the week with 22" rubber.

I put a 28 degree helix in the stock clutch and it will spin the tires pretty good in the mud with two guys and some hunting gear. I've run this thing on some pretty bizarre inclines, and even needed help from my passenger to pull the wheels back to the ground...no oil issues. I can't see a bit of angle affecting the flow.

Josh
Talntedmrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The biggest problem is people over fill the motor oil and that is not good. When you change it next time, only put in 1.5 qts and check the dipstick. Don't fill it above the new oil level. That is full. It will be near the bottom of the stick
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

6 inches of lift is about the comfortable max. Above that the motor is at a pretty good angle... What does it look like on the dip stick when you put 1.5 quarts in it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
red3201
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Oil Starvation on lifted 99 EZ Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talntedmrgreen View Post
Can't imagine you'd have any trouble with oil.

How do you like that Jake's? Did the turning radius change? I'm looking at that setup myself.

My 99TXT has ran great, and I've purposely ran it hard (i would kinda like to bump up the motor size, so I wasn't too worried). Lots of mud, sand, hills, you name it. I change the oil regularly (out of guilt?), and it always looks good. My compression stays strong, and I really run it out (26mph once on the level on GPS). She'll run 23-24 any day of the week with 22" rubber.

I put a 28 degree helix in the stock clutch and it will spin the tires pretty good in the mud with two guys and some hunting gear. I've run this thing on some pretty bizarre inclines, and even needed help from my passenger to pull the wheels back to the ground...no oil issues. I can't see a bit of angle affecting the flow.

Josh
Yeah ,I lost a little in the turning radius but not too much.It's a pretty straight forward install and really looks bangin' with 23" tires..i coulda went with the 25's but thats ok.I had to bring it down a notch because the heim joints on the steering were binding but after that and some eyeballin' alignment it's fine
red3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
Talntedmrgreen
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

These guys raise a great point...my first oil change, I filled, ran it, checked the stick, and so on, until I was well up the stick (looked like it would on my truck or car).

I took off to meet up with some folks a mile or so from home, and ended up in the woods, with smoke, back firing, and finally, not running. Oil was blwoing out through the air filter, and my evening was delayed to say the least. Now I get a good 1/8-1/4" up the bottom of the stick and stop. An angle to the cart may mean yours looks a bit different.

Have fun with that thing and show us some pics!
Josh
Talntedmrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

1st oil change after the lift just put in the recommended 1.5 qts ( or whatever your engine requires) and remark the dipstick 'full mark' with a metal file.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO