lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
candy apple club car
Not Yet Wild

Default any info

I have a 98 club car gasser ds. I have diamond plate rockers on in place of the the rubber, someone build the cart for me but I am trying to learn maintence and cleaning on my own.

My question is do they slide out with some tapping of a rubber mallet or are the bolted in place, figured I would ask before beating and banging on them.

Wanted to take off to replace with new ones these are a little dull and would like to take out to polish or replace, any help??
candy apple club car is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
PuffDaddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: any info

Maybe this will help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94cctrim.jpg (65.1 KB, 15 views)
PuffDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As you can see from Puffs diagram, the original side rails were held in place with self tappers. I also went the diamond plate insert route and found those screws to be frozen in place so bad that the heads snapped and I had to grind out the screw tips from the channel. To secure my new pieces I used some clear external silicone at either end of the new trim squirted between the trim and the original carriers. Invisible from outside but easily cut through should the need arise. FWIW BTW, I sourced my plate from a supplier who pre-cut and bent enough material for front and rear bumper covers, golf bag scuff plates and the rear engine cover for $46.00 delivered. All I need to do now is fabricate bumper end caps, cut out a new three piece hinged dash and the unique transformation will be complete for under $75.00. Hope that gives you some ideas,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
candy apple club car
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info Gentleman, that will help me out just perfect and thanks for the new ideas.
candy apple club car is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car