lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
golfcartpro
Not Yet Wild

Default wiring diagram

does anyone have a wire diagram for a 1975-1980, I cant find one anywheres, or if you have an old club car with the 3 peddles, can you take pictures of the f/r switch and the motor. Thanks
golfcartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Nate
Gone Wild

Default Re: wiring diagram

What are you looking for? The F/R has a half speed reverse by tapping 18V from the pack and the original motors were Baldor 16 spline male shafts and end bell. Those carts typically have a Terrell diff with 8:1 gears and hydraulic brakes, they upgrade to electronics very easy (easy for me anyway). My first 50 MPH cart was an electric 1979 Caroche Club Car. I assume your cart has what some call the Bull nose, a fairly flat front cowl compared to the next generation of Club Car.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 AM   #3
golfcartpro
Not Yet Wild

yes, but I need a picture of the wiring, as someone took the wiring out.
golfcartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Here you go. Caroche cart wiring

image courtesy of imageshack.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FYI
If I had to wire a series cart from scratch I sure wouldn't pick that diagram to build. Roady is correct in so much as you asked for the original diagram...
But don't do it; there are more simple updated systems you can build to run the cart just the same. I would fast forward a few years to the single solenoid system if you want to remain a resistor coil cart. ( Resistors waste amps) or take Nate's advice and FF to semi-modern times with a controller system. Research this site on the different types of electrical cart systems avail.
After all, you said you are starting from scratch so there is nothing to be saved by going with such an out dated system in my opinion....Take my advice and definitely upgrade to 48 volts.
Ask these guys what they think is best...good luck.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
Nate
Gone Wild

What makes it difficult to decide which way to wire is... what is easy for one person may not be for another. For example: I find it easier to convert to electronic control than to do a stock rewire.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car