lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #11
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Engine ?

Check their rules. Some places only allow electric carts.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Some people from this site go there from what I have read. You can have a gas cart as long as it is not loud. No utility carts,atv,go carts,mini bikes,etc..
infidel325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Finally got my engine for my swap. A briggs and stratton 6hp
now i need to start stripping the batteries and electrical wiring out of the cart and start welding up a mount. Then a sproket and a clutch and chain.
Any reccomendations on what size sproket for the rear end??
And anyother type of clutch do you reccomend other than a go cart clutch?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have Never seen or heard of a 6.5 hp cart from the factory. the engineers have put 8.5,9,and even 11 in stock carts but I believe 6.5 is too small. Furthermore you are a long way from a running cart please do yourself a favor and make a list of all the parts you need to complete this project beyond the obvious engine and 4 stroke differential for you make cart; clutches (2), fuel tank, pump, shift linkage & lever, Engine cradle, rear suspension, I have missed alot? ... and lets take a REAL look at the costs and plausibility of building this cart. There are 40,000 members here and nobody yet has successfully converted an electric cart to a gas cart in the 4 yrs I have been on this board everyday....
Period.
But hey you may be the first. Lets get that list started?

Believe me, I'm trying to help....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #15
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have Never seen or heard of a 6.5 hp cart from the factory. the engineers have put 8.5,9,and even 11 in stock carts but I believe 6.5 is too small. Furthermore you are a long way from a running cart please do yourself a favor and make a list of all the parts you need to complete this project beyond the obvious engine and 4 stroke differential for you make cart; clutches (2), fuel tank, pump, shift linkage & lever, Engine cradle, rear suspension, I have missed alot? ... and lets take a REAL look at the costs and plausibility of building this cart. There are 40,000 members here and nobody yet has successfully converted an electric cart to a gas cart in the 4 yrs I have been on this board everyday....
Period.

Great advice!! You'd be a wise man to listen to Scottyb. There is no substitute for experience......
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #16
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Period.

I find it hard to believe that nobody has successfully converted a electric to gas conversion. I have seen some on YouTube.
I don't see it being hard to put a basically go cart setup in the cart. I may have to go with a bigger motor in the future. I don't see needing any suspension work,a 4 stroke differential,shift linkage,fuel pump etc...
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I think the concept that your thinking how I'm going to build this is way over engineered.
It will be as simple as possible.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Ideally you want that sprocket as small as possible to get a little speed. With 6 hp you may have to sacrifice the speed for a larger sprocket so the engine can turn it. I would look into a live cart axle, I have no idea how you are going to mount something like that on the old electric motor spline, plus it may turn the wrong way meaning you would only have reverse.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #19
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have seen it done on the rear end in it. What they did is weld a.pulley to the shaft where the electric motor was. I will get a sproket from tractor supply and a go cart clutch for the .motor.
I just hope the clutch holds up! I'm not worried about going fast. It will either go fast quick off the line or slow off the line and higher top speed.. I will just have to find the right size to be in between.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #20
infidel325
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have to get the engine running then I can start mounting it all up.

Last edited by infidel325; 07-02-2011 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: posted above 2 times!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha