lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Nutcase
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default maybe a dumb question...what size jet is the cartpartsplus EZGO jet?

Is it a #90?

I put it in this past weekend and it definately seems to have fattened it up...

before it would struggle on "cold" startup...would need choke to keep from stalling when hitting the gas pedal. Now it doesn't do it. seems more responsive too.
Nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: maybe a dumb question...what size jet is the cartpartsplus EZGO jet?

Awesome info, just ordered one a few hours ago along with the 28* clutch parts.
Quad Racer Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Nutcase
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: maybe a dumb question...what size jet is the cartpartsplus EZGO jet?

be really careful in pulling the stock jet. I ended up messing the "flat" so I couldn't unscrew it. I drilled it a bit and used an ezout. unfortunately, I must've boogered up the threads a bit in my consistent attempt to remove it so it came only about 1/2 way out. Ultimately, I drilled it out completely and retapped the orifice for it.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep its a #90, installed the 28* parts today and drove it, better than before, installed the jet and very nice improvement, have to say that so far the #90 jet is the best bang for the buck.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You guys convinced me! I just ordered one of these today from Cart Parts Plus.
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I am happy with it, more impressed with it than the 28* clutch part swap and definitely a way better improvement than the shorter belt trick which imho was a waste of time and $20

Should have strapped it down to the Dyno before and after lol , Just kidding I am sure it wouldn't be worth the time to strap it down and set it up....
Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
Nutcase
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

mine ended up running way too fat when hot, but may have been due to me hurting the carb trying to get the old jet out...just not sure :(

I may buy a new carb and try the stock vs CPP jet again
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My jet is supposed to arrive today. I'm taking the cart camping this weekend. I'll make sure to bring the old jet with me, just in case. It will be a good test to see how the new jet works as I will be on the cart all weekend.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The post office lost my package which had the jet in it. What a bummer. I'll have to order another one. Where is the jet located.? Is it in the bowl? Do I need any gaskets while I'm at it? Just playing around today I found a brass plug on the top of the carb which had a jet with a long tube attached to it. It has a 46 on it. It must be the pilot jet.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Hey guys just wanted to let you know the number on the jet means nothing. We buy em all the same size and drill them for what they are being used for. Anything else we can do to help just give us a call.
WOW nutcase sounds like you got really lucky removing your old jet. It is very likely fuel is leaking around jet after the drill and re-tap. You could always add a few 3/8 holes to the dirty side of the airbox to give it a little more air to go with the extra fuel. MORE POWER BABY!!!!!!!!LOL
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO