lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Hiya Guys.

I was just showing you guys my 1986 EZ-GO Marathon and you guys taught me allot about resistor type carts and i got it running great but i mentioned i was getting a good deal on a Yamaha 36 volt golf cart.

Anyway i paid for and had the 1998 Yamaha 36 volt golf cart dropped off at my camp.

I took my Brand new Batteries and Cables and put them in the Yamaha. These batteries were very fast in my 86 EZ-GO.

The Yamaha barely moves .and seems like it only has 1 speed of something? Forward and reverse both go the same speed so that makes no difference.

Any idea where i should start? Now i swapped all the batteries and cables and have no cart.

Any help highly appreciated

MybadOmen
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Just went out double checked all connections and still it seems it only has 1 speed and comes to a crawl when i get to hills. . New batteries solved this problem in my old cart now i have the same problem with the Yamaha but i put the new cables and Batteries in the Yamaha . What does the controller box do? Hopefully that either works or dont because i heard those are a fortune and the cart does drive . Is there a way to test the throttle where ever that is to see if its working right?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Also Model is 1998 G16E

I have now cleaned even the Motor connections. This is driving me nuts. Brand new Batteries. I can tell the throttle is working because it does go faster and slower while moving the pedal. I dont see any bad connections anywhere? Does a solenoid do this if its going bad? I read somewhere on here about checking a micro switch for the reverse buzzer but i cant find one and it dont work.

Please anything else i can try i have been out killing myself in the heat trying to get this thing moving right. As as i said earlier i just took these batteries from my fully charged EZ-GO and they are not the problem because that goes fast.

Anything else i can try ? Please..

Thanks MybadOmen
Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

Any chance that it is supposed to be 48 V?
muskydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskydawg View Post
Any chance that it is supposed to be 48 V?
I thought the same thing but owner said was def 36 volt and motor says V36 so i imagine that means 36v?

Is there a way i can tell for sure.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

i am not a Yamaha tech but I am not aware of any 36v carts made by Yamaha in 1998. Find your VIN# and finds out what year and model the cart really is.... lets go from there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Does the car have a f/r shifter lever by your right leg or a f/r switch on the dash?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
mybadomen
Getting Wild

I cant find a vin # Plate like on my EZ-GO cart . It might be because the cart was custom Painted and pin striped . I found what looks like a serial number riveted to the frame is that the same thing?

Here is the info i have though. And what i know so far.
-It says on the tag 1998 Yamaha G16E
- The Motor says V36 on it.
- my dad has a 2001 48 volt Yamaha that looks very similar to mine but his batteries sit different in the cart . His go straight across my batteries sit just like my 36 volt EZ-GO. (Not sure if that matters but that is a big difference)
- The throttle (Potentiometer lol however you spell it is working fine and was replaced)
- The forward reverse lever is down by my leg. Not on the dash.
- The buzzer for going in reverse i cant find either and that doesn't work.
From what i see it has a Potentiometer , Controller box (Non resistor) ,Solenoid,Forward and reverse switch, Motor.

I have tried everything and am going Crazy. I cleaned every single connection on the cart and replaced the wires also . As i said before all the Batteries are brand new as i just bought them for my EZ-GO which is now all apart and im basically stuck with no cart for work at the moment.

Could a bad solenoid cause this? if so will any solenoid work?
When a controller is bad it just wont do anything right? (Mine drives fine just very very slow and barely makes it up a slight incline.

Here are some Photos of tags etc :

Here is what the Cart Look like (Batteries to the right hand side came out of it 6 x 6 Volt)

This Photo shows the shifter F/R also dont mind the 2 charger outlets. I changed that to the type i use on my EZ GO and its right 2 Prong 50 amp Plug.

Here is the tag saying Model# and year :

Here is the Sticker showing How the Batteries sit:

And here are the brand new batteries from my EZ-GO and the brand new cables (Every connection including Solenoid ,Motor,Controller have all been cleaned)

Serial Number tag riveted to the frame says : JN8- 205092

I hope this information helps cause i really need a running cart. Right now work is so hard as i take care of a whole camp ground and its huge and walking with all the tools is hell in the summer heat. Getting a cart was a dream come true.

Please Help i honestly exhausted all the knowledge i have in electronics and any knowledge i have of golf carts came from this forum.

Thank you so much guys for the help so far and for helping me further.

MybadOmen / Dave
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #9
mybadomen
Getting Wild

3:30 am been waiting all day for replies :( Really need you guys. I dont know where to even try next.

Praying that i get some replies by Morning as this thing has wiped me out and doesnt make any sense at all to me. Batteries and cables are back in my 86 EZ-GO and its really fast. so 100% sure batteries and cables are fine.

Please read above if you guys see this and point me in some kind of direction before throwing hundreds away in parts i dont need.

I think its either weak Solenoid , Bad contact in the F/W switch but seems to go about the same in both forward or reverse.Maby a bad Motor even though it looks pretty clean and new as does the rest of the cart.

When i do take off it does for a second seem like its fine but then slows right down to a crawl. I keep reading about unplugging the reverse micro switch for the buzzer but i cant find a buzzer or the micro switch and it doesn't buzz in reverse.

Really need you guys badly on this one. hoping to talk with you guys or see some ideas in the morning from the info i left.

Take care for the night
Old 07-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Wow when i had a problem with my EZ-GO i had a ton of replies it got it fixed right away. Do people just not own Yamaha's? I was so looking forward to a reply so i didn't have to go back outside aimlessly looking at it again.

HELP PLEASE
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha