lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

My wife has a g19 and I am pretty sure it is 48v. Her batteries sit the same way and each one is 8 v. I wonder if you can check the tag on he motor and see the voltage there? Where is your campground? We have one in Northwestern Ontario, golf carts make life good!
muskydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

I just read that you checked the motor voltage, sorry. Our g19 is a 1999, only one year older, that's what makes me think 48v especially if you are going slow. Even the battery decals are the same as ours. I will try to check the motor tag on hers and see what it says. I thought hers was 36v at first too, didn't know there was 8v batteries.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

her motor says 48 volts on it, guess there is a difference.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskydawg View Post
her motor says 48 volts on it, guess there is a difference.
Was so excited when I seen you replied . But yeah my Motor does say V36 right on it. I really wish someone had some idea as its just sitting wasting the summer and it won't be long before the camp ground tells me on has to go:( I really love the Yamaha and if it was only just a little slow I could deal with it but this literally barely moves. Flat ground its even slow plus no torque at all.And forget hills all together . Funny part is I switch the batteries and it fly's in the old Ez go.

Any tests I can do before I start wasting money? I keep thinking maby a bad Solenoid. And the other thing is I keep reading about a micro switch for the reverse buzzer that can cause this problem and they say unplug one side. My reverse buzzer don work plus I have no idea where the buzzer is. I can't find it

Thanks so far but still stuck at getting no where with it :(
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

What if you clip your voltmeter to he motor leads and see if you are getting 36 volts while you are driving (under load). Maybe then you could narrow the problem down to motor or other.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Do you know what ones i connect to ?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
Wow when i had a problem with my EZ-GO i had a ton of replies it got it fixed right away. Do people just not own Yamaha's? I was so looking forward to a reply so i didn't have to go back outside aimlessly looking at it again.

HELP PLEASE
I will give it a shot. I have post out here for a while on a Yamaha and not a single response either. Like someone already suggested. Clip a digital meter across A1 and A2 terminals on the motor. You can jack the rear wheels off the ground and spin her up and see what you are seeing at those terminals. This can also be checked at the controller terminals and they are labeled.

Does the cart free wheel easily in TOW mode? It should roll easily.

I believe your buzzer is located up front under the hood so to speak. I have a G22 and that is where it is.

You mentioned you put good batteries out of the EZ-GO and have the same problem right?

So, check the voltage across A1 and A2, make sure the cart rolls freely and let me know. I am not an expert but I will certainly try to help.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
I will give it a shot. I have post out here for a while on a Yamaha and not a single response either. Like someone already suggested. Clip a digital meter across A1 and A2 terminals on the motor. You can jack the rear wheels off the ground and spin her up and see what you are seeing at those terminals. This can also be checked at the controller terminals and they are labeled.

Does the cart free wheel easily in TOW mode? It should roll easily.

I believe your buzzer is located up front under the hood so to speak. I have a G22 and that is where it is.

You mentioned you put good batteries out of the EZ-GO and have the same problem right?

So, check the voltage across A1 and A2, make sure the cart rolls freely and let me know. I am not an expert but I will certainly try to help.

Yes the batteries are brand new i just bought them all for my EZ-GO about a month ago if that. The EZ-GO is really fast ans thats a resistor cart that is supposed to be slow from what i read. Yeah also the Yamaha free rolls with ease.I checked that already and i push it around the yard all the time now.

I will do that test as soon as i can but i hurt my hip last time moving all the batteries from cart to cart and it worries me to do it again just to do 1 test.

say the voltage is low does that mean a bad Motor?

Because if it does and someone can point me in the right direction i can pull the Motor and clean brushes or whatever i have to do before switching all the batteries. because if i cant fix the cart i have to swaitch them back again to the EZ-GO which is killing me changing back and forth everyday.

Worse part of this whole thing is the cart look so nice and it does run it just cant get out of its own way and is way to slow for work. Some inclines i have to climb are pretty steep. Reason i am changing from the 86 EZ-GO Marathon is because its really old,suspension back then was very hard.And i got a great deal on the Yamaha if i can get it working..

A few questions :

If a controller is bad will the cart do anything at all or will it just not move?

I know its unlikely but i have heard of the contacts inside a solenoid not making strong contact and causing this issue but very rare.

The speed control pot (Under the pedal) was replaced recently on this cart with the same part number because the wires from it got caught on something and ripped out.

Biggest thing is there a way to test the solenoid ,Motor,Controler?

and before i do anything is there a guide somewhere for cleaning the brushes in the Motor and is it that difficult? It looks very simple to pull from the cart with the batteries out right now.

Thanks if some of these questions got answered i could probally figure this cart out. Such a bummer its just sitting and the summer is going by. Getting afraid it might not even be used this summer at all :(

Thanks guys and hope with your help i can get this thing soon.

MybadOmen / Dave
Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #19
skipi123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looking at the diagram of your wiring and comparing it to the picture of your battery installation I would say that you have the batteries in backwards.
skipi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
skipi123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No I looked again and was viewing the cart as though it was back to front. Sorry.
skipi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha