lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipi123 View Post
No I looked again and was viewing the cart as though it was back to front. Sorry.
I so wish it was that easy.lol but no the chart is right on the cart and i took the junk batteries out and wrote another chart to be sure.
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
I will give it a shot. I have post out here for a while on a Yamaha and not a single response either. Like someone already suggested. Clip a digital meter across A1 and A2 terminals on the motor. You can jack the rear wheels off the ground and spin her up and see what you are seeing at those terminals. This can also be checked at the controller terminals and they are labeled.

Does the cart free wheel easily in TOW mode? It should roll easily.

I believe your buzzer is located up front under the hood so to speak. I have a G22 and that is where it is.

You mentioned you put good batteries out of the EZ-GO and have the same problem right?

So, check the voltage across A1 and A2, make sure the cart rolls freely and let me know. I am not an expert but I will certainly try to help.
Also i dont have a Tow mode switch. I know what your talking about because my dads does. he has a 48 volt and it looks totally different inside.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Omg you make me so happy i want to cry :) Thank you so much this will help allot . i was just about to tear the motor apart and check the brushes and where they ride but now i can test first. If my hip i hurt last time i swapped batteries allows me to get it together.

Still also any more info or ideas i would love to hear. Mainly im wondering if dirty brushes on a motor would cause this. Very slow. other thing is am i right or wrong in thinking the control box either works or dont. no in between?

Thanks you again and i really have to get the golf cart dealt with so i can get back to Modding Pc's as i just made it into Maximum PC Magazine for the 2nd time already and the build isnt even complete yet. If anyone is interested in seeing my other hobby before this new Golf Cart addiction you can check out my latest build here : http://www.overclock.net/t/1222200/s...#post_17665846
Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Put the Yamaha back together . Took off pretty good but just a little slow . started getting excited that it was usable and it all of a sudden acted like the batteries died and barely moved. I thought i was going to be stuck and push it back but it did make it back about 1 mph. I immediately checked to see if anything was hot or if the batteries did somehow get drained in a couple minutes . Battery pack voltage was 38 volts This is really bumming me out i wanty to be painting it and making it nice not sitting here with it dead in the yard the whole summer :( Now im back to stuck without a cart for the morning for work but i really thought maby i could figure it out or maby i missed a connection somewhere? But nope. Does this sound like a familiar problem to anyone ? with any brand cart? Forward or reverse the thing just wont go. the more you drive it the slower it gets but the batteries are not low and nothing is hot? this cart did sit for 2 years though.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #26
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If I had to guess I would say either you controller or throttle sensor...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #27
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Thinking just selling it might be a better option :( Just thought i was getting a great deal because a cart like this goes almost 2500. in my area working of course. I have searched this forum,Google you name it and have found nothing like my problem. Even reverse goes the same speed crawl. And i read those tests but i really dont understand them to well. I tested what i could with my fluke meter like batter voltages . I have voltage at the solenoid at both sides butr i believe i read this is normal although one side gives me 38 volts the other 37. This is after running the cart for a bit so the batteries were not even fully charged.

I really am thinking of tearing the Motor apart.

also can i use any solenoid for a cart or are they all different. My old resistor EZ-GO has a solenoid i could try but they look completely different.

I either have a bad reverse/forward switch
bad Brushes in the Motor
Bad solenoid
or bad controller

if its the controller i am done anyway as i cant afford one of those but from what i was told they either work or dont. (Not sure how true that is)

I so wish i had knowledge of carts as i know electronics well but Golf carts make no sense to me at all. I really wanted to get into them and start Modding them like you guys do because i can paint well and make just about anything from metal. But a dead cart gets me know where.

I know you guys are helping and i highly appreciate it but is it time to just take a loss and dump this cart? So far my enjoyable experience with it have been nothing but a nightmare. I rebuilt everything in my EZ-GO with no issues at all with help from this forum but wasting every day and switching batteries back and forth daily is really taking a toll on me :( I just wish someone with any cart in the world had the same symptoms so i knew where to look.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #28
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
If I had to guess I would say either you controller or throttle sensor...
well throttle sensor is brand new so i guess the worse news i could possibly hear is the problem. But with a bad controller a cart will drive all around ? with full throttle range?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #29
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes weak controllers can still move a cart, I have replaced many that would make a cart move but not let it climb a hill
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #30
purplewg
Gone Wild

There is a stock Yamaha controller on ebay sitting at $150 with no bids. Search Yamaha Cart controller.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha