lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Why was my '2" Lift' thread locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I will say something and then shut up, because I believe those who stir the crap pot should have to lick the spoon.

On the few other forums I'm on and around, it's usually known who the mods are. They, in turn, are kinda feared or steered clear of in a lot of cases, and sometimes get blown away with PMs about every little thing. Here, if you hang around long enough, you get a feel for who the mods are. They don't have special identifiers, and because of that they blend and in a way folks feel both more comfortable and more a part of the forum with no in your face heirarchy. This also gives mods a break from the PM bombardment (somewhat). The system here works, and it does so pretty darn well, so why mess with it?
Not only that but i see mods offering tech advice right along with everybody else. Like you said the system works unless you have an agenda which necessitates you knowing who is who right off the bat.... won't do you any good to avoid the mods, there's a loyal core group here unlike any I've seen on any other forum hang loose
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Double post ??? There goes my post count credibility all shot to neck again! LOL
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And another victim of auto spell. Neck?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #24
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I will say something and then shut up, because I believe those who stir the crap pot should have to lick the spoon.

On the few other forums I'm on and around, it's usually known who the mods are. They, in turn, are kinda feared or steered clear of in a lot of cases, and sometimes get blown away with PMs about every little thing. Here, if you hang around long enough, you get a feel for who the mods are. They don't have special identifiers, and because of that they blend and in a way folks feel both more comfortable and more a part of the forum with no in your face heirarchy. This also gives mods a break from the PM bombardment (somewhat). The system here works, and it does so pretty darn well, so why mess with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not only that but i see mods offering tech advice right along with everybody else. Like you said the system works unless you have an agenda which necessitates you knowing who is who right off the bat.... won't do you any good to avoid the mods, there's a loyal core group here unlike any I've seen on any other forum hang loose
I... I... I think I'm gonna cry!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #25
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

No agenda and I'm on numerous other forums as well (a mod on some tool). Most of them have identifiers, but the mods/admins are mixed in with the other members just like here. My only point was that it was hard to identify a mod/admin when one was needed. It was a simple question and has blown out of proportion. My question was triggered by a double post which I wanted to delete myself. I could not, so I wanted to ask how this place was setup. Again, I asked my "who are mod questions" based on the confusion of how screen names look. I've never had to use the "yellow triangle" that rib mentioned, because the mod/admin members were clearly known. I'm new and simply asked a question to understand how the place works.

scottyb, not sure where I rubbed you wrong. In my "deleted posts" thread you came out and asked "What's it to you". I was joking with all my comments, but I guess because of not using the smilies, you took my posts the wrong way. They were not meant as you read them.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #26
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would delete this thread.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #27
crash test dummy

yea might as well go way off topic
Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
No agenda and I'm on numerous other forums as well (a mod on some tool). Most of them have identifiers, but the mods/admins are mixed in with the other members just like here. My only point was that it was hard to identify a mod/admin when one was needed. It was a simple question and has blown out of proportion. My question was triggered by a double post which I wanted to delete myself. I could not, so I wanted to ask how this place was setup. Again, I asked my "who are mod questions" based on the confusion of how screen names look. I've never had to use the "yellow triangle" that rib mentioned, because the mod/admin members were clearly known. I'm new and simply asked a question to understand how the place works.

scottyb, not sure where I rubbed you wrong. In my "deleted posts" thread you came out and asked "What's it to you". I was joking with all my comments, but I guess because of not using the smilies, you took my posts the wrong way. They were not meant as you read them.
I thought you left? Your comments were questionable. We took em as you presented them. I have read posts from thousands of members and talked with a thousand more by phone. I think I'm a pretty fair judge of what's between the lines here. One thing that never goes over well is posting your leaving and then ....... not leaving

But it's an open forum - post away
Old 05-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #29
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I thought you left? Your comments were questionable. We took em as you presented them. I have read posts from thousands of members and talked with a thousand more by phone. I think I'm a pretty fair judge of what's between the lines here. One thing that never goes over well is posting your leaving and then ....... not leaving

But it's an open forum - post away
Yep, you spoke with me over the phone about a month ago when I called you asking about your solid state conversion kit for my CC DS, of which, we talked at length about the kit. You even brought to my attention about the resistors not being the best in a pasture, where I intend to use the cart mostly and I thank you for that. How did you "judge" me then?

Where did I specifically say I was leaving? I never said I was. All I said was, for all I care, the admin/mods could delete my account. If they deleted my account, then I would consider that as my presence is not wanted. If my account stays active, then I stay as an active member.

If I was to have any "beef" with a person, it would be Rib. However, what was said was said (on both parts) and my conversation last night with a fellow member has settled my mind about the whole situation. So for the record: if my account gets deleted, then so be it and I will go my merry way. If my account stays active, then chock this up as a lesson learned and I will continue to be an active member. Also, this will be my last post on this thread.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I quote "as far as I care, feel free to delete my account. The people who have helped me here in my short time being here, I have their contact information and I(they) have theirs(mine). "

Maybe I read this wrong. Nobody invites a forum moderator to delete their account unless they are ready to leave. Unless you were just challenging him, in which case it looks like he's chicken
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha