lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #21
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

Default Re: club car ds 48v only runs wide open

i do not have the old vglide but when i swapped them out they looked exactly the same it doesnt seem like the throttle is backwards because no matter where the pedal is it just runs full power, like there is no other setting for it or it doesnt read any other input except for full power
mwollerman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That could happen if the controller is setup for a 3-wire throttle but then your old VGlide would have had an extra wire that went to Controller B-.

Does it also run full speed if You disconnect the quick connectors from Controller #2 and #3 terminals?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

if i unplug the wires is does not move at all
Old 10-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is exactly the behavior You would get if the Controller is expecting a 3-wire throttle.

There is no easy way to test the throttle configuration other then re-wiring that new VGlide on the inside.

Did You not take any pictures of the old setup?

Can You verify the Controller model number you have installed?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:15 AM   #25
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

it has a sticker on the side of it i can try to get a picture of possibly. is there a way to buy the old style vglide
Old 10-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What You have now is the old style VGlide, that two wire 0-5K model was very short lived.

What made you buy a new VGlide?

Have You had the cart for a while and were there other symptoms?

Edit:

Well, I found this old thread You started in May 2020:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=163541
Quote:
A9516-431818 is the serial number i have replaced all 6 batteries, f/r switch, controller, solenoid, vglide, key switch, and motor i still have an issue with this car not moving. the solenoid activates i have 49v across the pack and at the solenoid. any help is appreciated

It seems like You left a very important detail out this time, the Controller You got is different and likely a 3-wire 5k-0 since they are the most common Club Car Controllers.

I posted the procedure to change the VGlide before, let me find that thread and link it here.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-29-2020 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: This car does not have the original Controller
Old 10-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to pop the front of the VGlide OFF and then take the two screws (#32) OFF in order to remove the back cover.

The picture below is how the 3-wire MultiStep V-Glide should look like:
You will notice that yours is missing wire #25, attached to the 9th post.

The correct connections should be as follow:
Wiper Arm - Post #1 - goes to Controller terminal # 3

Low side - Post #3 (wire #24) - goes to Controller B-

High Side - Post #9 (wire #25) - goes to Controller terminal # 2

Yours will also have a wire between posts #2 and #3 in the VGlide, that is correct.

The old reduced reverse speed setup on that cart will not be compatible with the 3-wire throttle and You need to disconnect it.

Just remove the wires from micro-switch #3 at the FNR and tape them separately as they will not be used.

If You would like to have a reduced speed while in Reverse, You will need a 3-terminal micro-switch to replace the existing 2-terminal micro-switch in the FNR #3 position.

You will also need a 5.1k x 1/2 watt resistor although the old 3.9K you have will work but it will be faster in reverse than the OEM setup.

Please update the thread once You get it working so other members can benefit from the information, good luck
Old 11-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #28
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

so right now i have a white wire on post #3 that comes out of the v glide and is speed connected to the white wire inthe harness does that one stay hooked up to controller at the same place or do i need to move that white wire to post #9
Old 11-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #29
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

ok so i got it to work the way it is supposed to now. i thank you for all of your help and time. what i did was took the diagram sergio posted above and moved my white wire in the v glide that was originally on Post #3 to Post #9 and ran a seperate wire to the pack negative to test it and it started working perfectly so i moved that wire to the b- terminal on the controller. i think the controller that was replaced was the wrong controller for the cart i dont remember the contoller replacement but that must have been the problem from the start. thanks agian everybody that helped
Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #30
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

If Sergio can't fix it, it's supposed to be broke.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car