lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Default New To Me 2014 RXV. I have a few questions...

So, I've had a Club Car Precedent for a few years and it's been an amazing cart. My only issues were that it was bare bones, grandma beige, small wheels, and it was slow. After pricing out the upgrades to make it what I wanted, I ran across a really nice 2014 RXV and bought it yesterday for a steal. There are a few things I'd like to change, if possible, as the ride is smoother than my CC Precedent, but it feels more spongy and wobbly in turns. Is there a way to stiffen up the front end a little, or is that just the way EZGo's ride vs. CC's?

Also, it came with really nice 14" wheels, but it has street tires on it. The size is 225/40-14 Duro's, as seen in the picture. What tires can I fit that are more turf/All Terrain that give it a little more beefy look without lifting the cart? I think I'd prefer 12" wheels to give a little more tire sidewall, but it came with 14's, so I hope to be able to work from there. If not, I'll probably sell the wheels and buy a whole new setup. Any suggestions on tires that will fit these wheels and beef up the look a little more? I even considered putting fender flares on it to make it look less like a street cart.

Any answers or suggestions are appreciated. This is a really nice forum full of great information. Thanks in advance.
mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New To Me 2014 RXV. I have a few questions...

Here is a picture of the cart, as is, if it helps with advice.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
BoDidly
Not Yet Wild

What is the lift on that thing ?
BoDidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDidly View Post
What is the lift on that thing ?
That cart isn't lifted. I'm running the same tires on my RXV and no lift.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberry32 View Post
So, I've had a Club Car Precedent for a few years and it's been an amazing cart. My only issues were that it was bare bones, grandma beige, small wheels, and it was slow. After pricing out the upgrades to make it what I wanted, I ran across a really nice 2014 RXV and bought it yesterday for a steal. There are a few things I'd like to change, if possible, as the ride is smoother than my CC Precedent, but it feels more spongy and wobbly in turns. Is there a way to stiffen up the front end a little, or is that just the way EZGo's ride vs. CC's?

Also, it came with really nice 14" wheels, but it has street tires on it. The size is 225/40-14 Duro's, as seen in the picture. What tires can I fit that are more turf/All Terrain that give it a little more beefy look without lifting the cart? I think I'd prefer 12" wheels to give a little more tire sidewall, but it came with 14's, so I hope to be able to work from there. If not, I'll probably sell the wheels and buy a whole new setup. Any suggestions on tires that will fit these wheels and beef up the look a little more? I even considered putting fender flares on it to make it look less like a street cart.

Any answers or suggestions are appreciated. This is a really nice forum full of great information. Thanks in advance.
You're probably going to have to go to 12" or even 10" wheels. The tires on your cart are 21" tall. I have the same tires. 20-21" tall tires are about as tall as you can go without lifting it.
A quick search yielded these: https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/2...lf-cart-tires/ Just a guess as to what you are looking for. These guys are a site sponsor. Probably don't list everything they have or can get on the web. Might be worth a phone call.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Here is a picture of the cart, as is, if it helps with advice.
Very nice tires. I prefer the smoother ride of street tires. I try to stay out of the mud with my RXV. I've reprogrammed a couple of RXVs with stock 235 Amp controllers to reach 34-35 MPH on the street with those size tires. It requires writing custom motor current maps to make it work right, so not something that can be reprogrammed through the mail.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #7
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

I have 3 small kids, so I think 25mph is fine for now. This thing flies compared to my Club Car. And taking my dog for runs on the course at night, I don’t think I’d want it any faster on the golf course. I would like to stiffen up the side to side rocking a little in the front springs, if possible.

As for the tires, I don’t want atv mud tires. But a nice all terrain turf tire that looks a little more beefy would be nice. I’m afraid I’m going to have to back down to 12” wheels to find tires that fit, though.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have 3 small kids, so I think 25mph is fine for now. This thing flies compared to my Club Car. And taking my dog for runs on the course at night, I don’t think I’d want it any faster on the golf course. I would like to stiffen up the side to side rocking a little in the front springs, if possible.

As for the tires, I don’t want atv mud tires. But a nice all terrain turf tire that looks a little more beefy would be nice. I’m afraid I’m going to have to back down to 12” wheels to find tires that fit, though.
Yup, that is the challenge. With the A/T tire designs, the lugs on the tires stick out further than street tread, so you will have to go with smaller wheels to get them to fit with no lift.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #9
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yup, that is the challenge. With the A/T tire designs, the lugs on the tires stick out further than street tread, so you will have to go with smaller wheels to get them to fit with no lift.
So, what is my max AT/Turf tire on 14" wheels that will fit with no lift? I found these and they look nice, but I don't need the wheels...just tires. If I could find something like this and it still ride well, I'd be happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-1...-/223303389746

If not, I'll have to sell my 14" wheels and tires and buy 12's with A/T tires on them.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
So, what is my max AT/Turf tire on 14" wheels that will fit with no lift? I found these and they look nice, but I don't need the wheels...just tires. If I could find something like this and it still ride well, I'd be happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-1...-/223303389746

If not, I'll have to sell my 14" wheels and tires and buy 12's with A/T tires on them.
A/T tires don't ride smooth like street tires. They tend to be loud and a bit rough riding. You can get turf tires that are smooth riding.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO