lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post If money wasn't an issue....

Weird that karma has a funny way of going around.

I gave my DS to charity and the person who won the raffle wrecked the DS, I now have it back. As the body is off and I have the opportunity, I want to convert to a lithium battery set up. I will be driving the cart on streets and as before it will be 20-25 miles per day, in reading various threads, I assume the 120ah is the best, although can a 72 volt system be manufactured and converted down to 48 for the drive system?

Would this be a method to have back up power for the longer drive?

Look forward to the suggestions and ideas...

Thanks,

OC

oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: If money wasn't an issue....

There is no need to run a higher pack voltage than the drive system. You can buy or build a lithium pack of any ah rating you want for the 48 volt gear you have.

If money is not a concern, you can get CALB lithium cells in 100ah, 150ah,180ah and 200ah, they would make for a clean easy install.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: If money wasn't an issue....

Went with Trojan 8v Rangers, batteries have been installed for about two weeks, charged and recharged, today was longer distance, 18 miles. Started with 54.6 on volt meter, back in garage and covered, volt meter at 50.1. This was full street speed driving, with little stop and go as the lights were good to me @ 35 - 38 mph.

Happy with purchase, tested and LSV is back to original condition after its temporary owner damaged and I was able to repurchase. Which means it will be listed in the for sale area, as I have a few more months stateside.
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car