lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
frank43
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V Upgrade on Medalist-Accel Pedal super sensitive??

Hey all,

Thanks for all the help for my Medalist 36v to 48V upgrade! ScottyB hooked me up with an Alltrax SR48500 Controller, HD F/R, 400 Solenoid, and 2G cables.

I also installed six new Trojan 8v t-875 batteries.

Well, today was her maiden voyage, and here is the issues Im having:

Once I press the throttle pedal, I hear the solenoid click, and I am moving. Only problem is I can barely press the pedal and I am at full acceleration. If I press more than maybe an inch maximum, then it stops any acceleration altogether. Same in reverse.
You really have to 'feather' the pedal, otherwise you get a jerky feeling. If i maintain the pedal pressure at about 1 inch, I am fine. Seems like it may be a setting I need to adjust on the controller??

Thoughts?
Frank
frank43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48V Upgrade on Medalist-Accel Pedal super sensitive??

Frank, until one of the experts gets on this, you can maybe start with verifying the controller is set for the right throttle. Look in the manual and you can see the blink codes for which throttle type it is currently set for. You can also hook the controller up to a laptop, which is where you would change the settings. You need the Alltrax toolkit download and a cable like what goes to your printer.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree - the controller LED will blink 4 Xs green then go solid green just after the solenoid clicks if it is programmed for the medalist throttle input.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
frank43
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm... It seems to be programmed correctly based on the blinks and also when i connected to Toolkit to it. Any other thoughts on what can cause this malfunction? Im stumped?

Frank
Old 11-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure if you saw it in the toolkit, but there’s a whole throttle curve setting feature in there. I’m not familiar with it since Scottyb dialed mine in before sending the controller, but maybe give that a look.

The best that I know, your other potential reasons are moisture in the pedal box, bad molex connection, or the the throttle signal itself is bad. There’s procedures in the stickies for testing the throttle.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #6
frank43
Not Yet Wild

Interesting. So I changed throttle settings, and still nothing.

I took a chance and loaded the EZGO ITS setting and it worked nicely, Im running!
Why do you think this is? Strange

Frank
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO