lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #1
Ggalindo
Not Yet Wild

Default Wired a led light now cart doesn’t go forward.

I was wiring in an led to the existing lightbar and I loosened the negative battery terminal to slide the ground connector in and retightened now my cart will not go forward. reverse works just fine and the solenoid clicks in forward and reverse but it does not go forward.
Ggalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 11:19 PM   #2
Ajluzi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wired a led light now cart doesn’t go forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggalindo View Post
I was wiring in an led to the existing lightbar and I loosened the negative battery terminal to slide the ground connector in and retightened now my cart will not go forward. reverse works just fine and the solenoid clicks in forward and reverse but it does not go forward.
Try removing all the grounds you have connected to that battery other than the main one and those related to main functions. I had a similar issue and when I removed all aux connections from the battery everything worked again. So I added a voltage reducer and fuse block so I limit straight to battery connections and leave those primarily for main drive functions.

Outside of the main connections, all I have to the batteries is the reducer and charge meter. Not other accessories.
Ajluzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #3
Ggalindo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajluzi View Post
Try removing all the grounds you have connected to that battery other than the main one and those related to main functions. I had a similar issue and when I removed all aux connections from the battery everything worked again. So I added a voltage reducer and fuse block so I limit straight to battery connections and leave those primarily for main drive functions.

Outside of the main connections, all I have to the batteries is the reducer and charge meter. Not other accessories.
I haven’t tired that yet I’ll give it a shot today and see what happens.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:55 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What kind of cart do you have? If it has a Run/Tow switch then make sure you put it in Tow before doing anything electrical to it. Especially if it is an RXV. The RXV is very finicky.

Also, make sure you 'stack' the cables correctly. So the big fat cable should be on the bottom, contacting the lead post directly, and the smaller accessory cables on top of that connected to the bolt side.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
Ggalindo
Not Yet Wild

It’s a TXT and the switch was in tow mode. Other then that the cables were never moved just one negative and one positive were loosened to put the ring terminal on so I’m kinda stumped on what could have caused this issue I’m thinking it might have been a fluke and my controller just took a ****.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If it runs okay in reverse, but doesn't run in forward and the solenoid does click in forward, the controller has gone belly up.

A TXT is a body style, so the drive system hasn't been identified other then it being a sepex drive. So it is either a PDS or a TXT-48 (Curtis 1206MX or 1206HB controller)

Replace it with either an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS or a XCT48400-TXT48 as required.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
Ggalindo
Not Yet Wild

Pds
That’s what I thought. I just figured it was kind of strange for it to go out so sudden when an hour before that it was running and driving perfect. I just dropped it off at a local cart shop to verify that the controller is bad before I start throwing parts at.
Any pros and cons to a refurbished controller?
Old 05-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggalindo View Post
Pds
That’s what I thought. I just figured it was kind of strange for it to go out so sudden when an hour before that it was running and driving perfect. I just dropped it off at a local cart shop to verify that the controller is bad before I start throwing parts at.
Any pros and cons to a refurbished controller?
Rebuilt, Refurbished, Remanufactured all mean repaired and repaired means only what was broke was fixed, so the MTBF (mean time before failure) clocks for most of the other parts in the device have almost timed out.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #9
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The refurbed controller is going to cost at least half of the upgraded controller and won't last too long.

You can get the controller and solenoid as a complete package here https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

I get it that $250 for a 225 amp refurb controller is tempting but for $462 you can get a new 400 amp controller that lets you program it as you want and has more capability and flexibility. The software to change the settings is free from Alltrax and a USB cable like they use on printers is all you need to connect. If you get the upgraded controller and want to use stock solenoid then you can turn the amps down to 300 or less and the stock solenoid should last for quite a while and still give you a performance increase.

Then when the funds free up get the upgraded solenoid and increase the amps to 400.

If you get the 500 amp controller I've heard that the stock motor likes it up to 400 amps but not beyond that. I have no personal knowledge on that, but it's been repeated on this forum many times. But the bigger controller gives you the option in the future if you ever upgrade the motor.

$0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #10
Ggalindo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The refurbed controller is going to cost at least half of the upgraded controller and won't last too long.

You can get the controller and solenoid as a complete package here https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

I get it that $250 for a 225 amp refurb controller is tempting but for $462 you can get a new 400 amp controller that lets you program it as you want and has more capability and flexibility. The software to change the settings is free from Alltrax and a USB cable like they use on printers is all you need to connect. If you get the upgraded controller and want to use stock solenoid then you can turn the amps down to 300 or less and the stock solenoid should last for quite a while and still give you a performance increase.

Then when the funds free up get the upgraded solenoid and increase the amps to 400.

If you get the 500 amp controller I've heard that the stock motor likes it up to 400 amps but not beyond that. I have no personal knowledge on that, but it's been repeated on this forum many times. But the bigger controller gives you the option in the future if you ever upgrade the motor.

$0.02
Thanks for all the input I chickened out and ordered a reman controller I looked into the alltrax controller I just thought it might be much for my wife and kid to cruise around since they use it the most.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO