lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
mramsey1638
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS missing rear lugs

Sorry for the question, I'm new to carts and would love some help. Just bought a 2003 Club Car DS electric. I noticed the driver's side rear wheel only had two lugs holding the wheel on. After taking the wheel off to inspect, I noticed two lugs were missing completely and the other two were loose in the holes in the axle. I picked up 4 new lugs today at the local cart shop but after putting them in I noticed they are all loose inside their hole which makes in impossible to tighten the wheel to the axle. I'm concerned the holes have been expanded with a lose wheel possibly? Any help would be appreciated.
mramsey1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS missing rear lugs

Go to your local cub cadet dealer. The lug bolts for my Z force zero are the same size except the teeth are a little more aggressive.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
mramsey1638
Not Yet Wild

So you are talking about the teeth near the head of the lug? Find same bolt with wider teeth to grip the inside of the hole?
mramsey1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mramsey1638 View Post
So you are talking about the teeth near the head of the lug? Find same bolt with wider teeth to grip the inside of the hole?
Yes the cub cadet lug should solve our problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The “teeth” at the base of the stud are called the Knurl and there are hundreds of different sizes. Measure the diameter of the hole in the hub. If the holes are oblong or egged out then they should be re-drilled before installing a new stud. Order a new wheel stud with a slightly larger knurl diameter than the hole in the hub. Usually a few hundredths difference is plenty. Most any decent auto parts store can help you size one up as long as you know what size the hole in the hub is.
The stud thread is 1/2-20.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear lugs issue
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car