lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2020, 02:11 AM   #1
Homey244
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo medalist price check

Going to sell my 95 ezgo medalist and was wondering what I should ask for it locally. It has new Energizer batterys (36 volt), new automotive paint, new rear seat that converts to a utility bed, new seat cover, new halogen headlight, cell phone charger, new front trim piece, some new plastic, new brushes and insulators on motor, new 4 gauge wires, new charging plug, and a total charge 3 charger. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Homey244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 03:10 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo medalist price check

Every area market is different, here we are typically flooded with used electrics (and they want "brand new batteries", even if the ones in there are not even old). I'm a mechanic, not a salesman. I'd say $2800 "dealership price" & $1600 "street value".at best. Sorry if you hoping for better. Honestly, I only went that high, because it looks nice. I've got a ton of used electrics with "decent batteries" that sell for way less, but they dont all look that nice. Older years just dont draw the cash here. If I were in your spot, I wouldnt be happy at $1600. Blame craigslist "barret jackson" guys. (Peope selling "awesome junkers" that look much nicer than they really are) . People think "well I saw that other deal on CL or FB", but never actually went and looked at those ones in person & saw how crappy that one really looked in person. I get "well I saw on the internet" all the time, I tell them "go get that one on the internet, and when you figure out how bad you got screwed, call the internet, remember the internets name, because I'm not gonna stand behind that".

I cant even count how many "great internet buys" have showed up in my shop for "doesnt work right", "no power", "cuts out after a short drive". Usually ends up with a big bill, or "oh my god, I just got this thing, no way". Sorry, you dont want to hear it either.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:08 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Easily $3500 maybe more around here right now.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

In South Carolina that would get you around 3k. Ones just as old and a lot worse looking sell for $2500 all day here.
cowsgonemadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:36 PM   #5
Homey244
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input y'all. We have alot of campgrounds around here and electrics are sought after. May bring the market up a little. Pretty solid buggy that I built to my standards so the new owner should be happy. Just didn't want to low-ball myself. Want to keep it but owning a buggy to use one week a year is kind of dumb. Easier to rent and not have the upkeep. Found it on Facebook and pulled it out of the woods and fixed it up. Was fun to tinker on though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Homey244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO