lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #11
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New radio and speaker tube install

Seperate battery is the way to go, (or voltage reducer, but I personally don't like them) espically if you are running a winch, stereo, HID lights, etc... All those accessories will pull way too much off of your pack battery (or two batteries, depending on your set up) Your pack will be unbalanced and that is not good

Marine deep cycle if you can fit it. I have too much crap wired up to my acc. battery now, with another set of lights on the way. I'm about to re wire everything through a marine fuse block and negative bus (very similar to mr lizardleg's set up)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lsu and Scotty B, thanks for the replies. A couple of additional questions - if I go the separate battery route, how is that battery charged? Do you charge it independently from the others via a standard battery charger or do you have it connected to the cart's charger somehow? If I decide to use a smaller ATV battery to power the tube, can those be connected so that the cart's charger charges it as well? Do either of you have any pics of where you are placing this additional battery. Between the 6 i have now, i don't have much more room in there.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks good., I was thinking of the same thing.I am going to add an amplified bass tube between my two seats and make a custom speaker box for in the bag well under the seat with a pair of 6"x9".
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
screamin chicken
Getting Wild

looks good, I also just added 2 more speakers to my cart. I have a custom built over head console that holds my head unit, Alpine components, a Kicker 10 solo , a rockford 500 watt mono amp. iI just added kicker 5.25 for some mid bass.
For us Precedent guys there is a nice cavity right above the rear end, this is where I have my 10' sub , it rocks......

I am also running a deep cell gel battery added to the rear in the cargo space
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
Lsu cart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I want to add a sub also. Can you send me some pics of who you installed yours? I would also like to see a pic of your cart.
Lsu cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
Lsu cart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes you have to use a separate battery charger. I used a 12 atv battery in mine and put it in the batt compartment next to the 2 batteries on the drivers side. I have the 4 12 volt batteries. My kids ride around the house all day and the batt has not died yet on us. I`ll try and get you some pics tomm.
Lsu cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
screamin chicken
Getting Wild

ill take picts. tonight. I did the bazooka thing and its ok but when u actually add a sub and amp is where you will b happy...
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #18
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rammer, what LSU said...

I just use a regular battery charger, the one I have in the garrage for everyday automotive use. Some guys have wired up some trick methods, using 12 cig. lighter plugs and what not, but still always seperate from your main pack. Do a search on "seperate 12 V battery". I use a deep cycle marine and only charge mine about every 2 weeks. If you use the little atv battery, you will charge much more often, almost daily depending on use. (I also run head lights, underglow lights, etc.. off mine)

What are you driving? The EZGO's have a spot under the driver's seat, not sure about the CC's.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #19
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Scooter - I've got a 2002 CC. When I got, it already had the lights, winch, etc. ran through the pack as i described earlier with the positive coming from the #5 batt and negative to a bus, all through a breaker. I just figured since everything has been wired like that for so long, was an additional radio going to harm the pack anymore than it already has been? I'll be honest, I don's use the cart that much (never have I used the winch other than the day I got it to make sure it worked).
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
GHBG35
Not Yet Wild

There is a number of threads on separate battery, but here is the more important question, LSU you going to Dallas in two weeks?

Back to carts, I ran for 18 months on ATV batteries, eventually they completely die. I finally switched to a marine deep cycle battery. The man at battery world here in Baton Rouge said the ATV battery was a turning cycle battery which work fine for a while. I had them around anyway so no real loss. cart looks great by the way.
GHBG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car