lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 TXT won't go

I just bought a used 2004 EZ Go TXT, had it for almost a week and now it won't go in forward or reverse. Initially the cart exhibited "bucking" when we started out, but this only happened in reverse. When we took it out to ride last night, it did the same thing, but when we stopped the cart it wouldn't move at all in reverse. After a bit, we were able to get it to go forward, but with no speed.

After doing research I assumed that there was an issue with the solenoid and replaced that, but had no success. I did however notice that the DCX light would turn solid red when I applied the accelerator.

Any idea on what may be the issue. I can't seem to find any information about the indication on the DCX, I think it may be the ITS now, but am not sure...
olewis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT won't go

olewis76, considering some of the info you posted, your cart has an aftermarket AllTrax DCX controller, and that you have a Series cart.....is that correct?

which controller (size) do you have, and are any other parts of the delivery system been changed? (F/R switch, solenoid, cable size, etc....)

oh and btw......CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

It has a DCX 400 controller. Not sure about the other things that were changed, I'm pretty new to this so I will have to look into that and get back to you.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

are you sure it has a ITS type throttle? and that your cart is in fact a series cart......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

Correction, it is not a series cart. Based on what I read on the Alltrax web site, the number of green blinks on the DCX indicates that it is ITS. Sorry for the confusion..
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

The cart is a TXT PDS, and it doesn't look like there have been any modifications to the F/R unit or the controller. The solenoid that I removed was very different from the one that I got from the cart shop, which makes me think I either got the wrong part or something wasn't right with the original piece.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The first picture is a stock PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) with a stock (85A) solenoid.

The second picture is an Alltrax DCX400 and Super-Duty (400A) solenoid installed in a PDS cart.

The solenoid typically installed with a DCX400 is a Heavy-Duty (200A), which looks similar to the stock solenoid, but more robust.

The one you got from the cart shop is most likely a stock (85A) and won't last long.

-----------
What color is the LED when key is ON and F/R is in either F or R?
It should blink green four times and then stay steady green.

When the throttle is at 100% and the controller is not in current limit, the LED will turn "Yellow", but it is the reddest shade of yellow I have ever seen.

I'd call it Red-Orange. However, when the LED is Red it is truly Red.

If the LED turns "Yellow" when you push the throttle slightly, you may have some ITS issues.
-------------

Try unplugging the cables at the PDS to DCX adapter and spraying them with spray cleaner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock PDS controller-2.jpg (633.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DCX Installed-1.jpg (891.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB: I double checked and when the pedal is pressed partially, the light stays green. Only when the pedal is fully depressed does it turns red-orange, not completely red.
The new solenoid looks a lot like the one in picture 1, I will have to check and see if the other solenoid is still good and maybe reinstall that one since it doesn't seem to have any impact on making the cart run.

What type of spray can be used on these electronic parts?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
olewis76
Not Yet Wild

Just tried it and got the same results. At a loss...
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, that didn't work. Let's start with the basics and work up from there.

1. Do you have a 36V, a 42V or a 48V battery pack?
2. What is the pack voltage about 12 hours after the charger shuts off?
3. Has the controller and/or pedal box gotten wet?
4. What size tires are on cart?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO