lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whose rear end is this?

If you ever tear it apart, you might want to see if you can find a magnet to mount in the bottom. Since you can't wipe the bottom off before refilling it, there may be small metal particles that could bounce around while driving. I dropped a magnet in the old oil from my '98 and never found anything large enough to cause me concern, but they were definitely large enough to cause excess wear.

My truck transmission pan had a magnet "glued" on the bottom. It definitely picked up small particles. I say it was glued, because it didn't move while I wiped off the iron filings.

You might find a magnet drain plug.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #22
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Forgot to mention: the bottom plug on this rear end is magnetized (has a magnet in it). I didn't find much on it, definitely not enough to cause any worry. It's really a solid setup except the bottom plug not being at the very bottom to be a true "drain plug." Strikingly similar to a CC setup otherwise...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Forgot to mention: the bottom plug on this rear end is magnetized (has a magnet in it). I didn't find much on it, definitely not enough to cause any worry. It's really a solid setup except the bottom plug not being at the very bottom to be a true "drain plug." Strikingly similar to a CC setup otherwise...
"Drain" plug not at bottom of pan = fill level plug. Not for draining at all.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #24
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"Drain" plug not at bottom of pan = fill level plug. Not for draining at all.
but definitely no other option on this one other than splitting the thing. I guess for the year and a half that EZGO used this rear end they never envisioned someone needing to actually change the fluid in it, they only left preparations to fill it. If they thought it would leak out eventually, then that's pretty ironic, cause this one's dry as a bone.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They do make fluid pumps for just such an occasion (i have a snap-on one that looks like a grease gun).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO