lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 empty fuel filter=bad fuel pump or tank vaccuum?

I took a nice ride yesterday in my 82 G1 and after about 2.5-3 miles the cart stopped and it seemed like it ran out of gas. As I lifted the body to check the fuel level I noticed that the tank was still half full but the fuel filter was bone dry. So far I have replaced the crank seals, fuel lines, cleaned the carb, replaced crank pressure pulse line to fuel pump, replaced fuel filter, and cleaned the fuel pump. The only thing I haven't changed out with a new part is the fuel pump itself, the fuel pickup line in the tank, and the vent valve on the fuel tank. Does this sound like a weak/bad fuel pump or a vacuum problem from the vent on the fuel tank? Or could it possibly be something else? I hate to order a fuel pump only to find out that it's not the problem after all. Also when I opened the fuel tank to check for gas there was no "whooshing" sound like the tank was under a vacuum. Scratching my head on this one so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha