lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #21
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Power drive spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The locating pins on the umax spring have to be removed for use on g1. It is a bit much for g1, and limits top speed, but will tow cars around the yard.
Good to know.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Don't forget the stock springs get tired, for a stock cart a new stock spring works well unless you are towing cars for example lol. For lifted carts the large tires gear them up and that is why more spring can help, plus you may be offroad and hill climbing. When G1 and G2/9 were new they would spin the tires up hills on grass in all stock condition.

I changed my 94c setup again and its working better now. I think still B4 on stock yamaha secondary (it is two steps above stock B2) and with a new stock spring in it. Since I have this rev problem taking off I don't really want to put the umax spring in it. Right now it revs to about 3500 after it engages at 2200, then it shifts normally after that. But this clone shifts at about 4K rpm wot and works well there. (in a yamaha G9) If I lower the secondary it does not backshift that well and rpm stay low too long when I hammer the gas it bogs a bit.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #23
Billium
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Where' the link to buy this spring & spacer ??
Billium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Umax spring can be found on ebay or any yamaha cart dealer, or tntgolf who is a dealer on the internet. The spacer you have to get aftermarket I think cartpartsplus has them as well as others check the sponsors here. It goes behind the secondary. Mine was leaning over with the stock spring after many years, you need one for any stiffer spring. It sits on the splines instead of in the snap ring groove. If the ring fails the secondary will slide into the case of the trans.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha actually has a part number for the spacer too. Any yamaha dealer who works on gas carts will have one, they are commonly needed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha