lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #41
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 getting hot after Umaxx spring install?

if the rubber flange is suspect put the cart on blocks and run at a steady speed and spray ether (starting fluid) around the flange if it revs when you spray it you know the flange is sucking air
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2015, 05:45 AM   #42
Ironworker85
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I might just order a new flange cant b all that much and mine looks like its one good bump away from tearin off.
Ironworker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #43
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The length of the spring raises rpm when you take off and low speeds. The spring is a lot longer than a stock one and thicker stronger wire, so cutting some will not make a big change until you chop it down a ways. I think my umax was around 2" longer than the stock G9 spring, both were new. The idea is cut enough to lower pressure to make it shift all the way at top speed. Half inch may be enough maybe not, but doubt you will notice much difference cutting half inch because that spring is so much larger than the stock one. Likely you would have to cut more.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #44
Ironworker85
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sounds good im guna hav to experement with it little by little
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 PM   #45
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I might suggest premixing your fuel to 100:1 with a good high quality "air cooled" 2 cycle oil, like Echo brand. Used it for many years that way, excellent results.

Yes, more oil means less fuel. Less fuel means leaner.

To richen the fuel mix, remove the main jet and use a torch tip cleaner and enlarge the opening just a hair at a time. DO NOT USE DRILL BITS!!! You'll surely go too large and it will bog down. When messing with jets it always pays to have extra "stock" jets on hand in case you mess up.

Replace the rotted carb intake boot and you'll likely run a lot better.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #46
Ironworker85
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys it has a miss once in a while sometimes low throtle sometimes wide open it wit jus stuter for a second then its fine i think that dry rotted boot might b causin that not shur but worth changin. So ur sayin do away with the auto oiler and mix fuel at 100:1?
Old 09-06-2015, 07:00 AM   #47
super99
Not Yet Wild

I took the muffler off of mine last spring and burned it out. I built a wood fire and poured some diesel into the muffler and put it in the fire until the fire burned out. It smoked a little out of the exhaust, thought I was good to go. Put it back on and drove it, still smoked. I live on 3/4 mile of gravel to the blacktop. I ran her HARD to the blacktop and back twice. Coming back the second time, there was so much blue smoke behind me that you couldn't see 30 feet. That cleaned her out!! Hardly smokes at all now. My 2 cents. Chris
super99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha