lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
82EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 sputtering once warm

Hello, so I have an 82 ezgo gas cart with the robins 244cc engine and I completed a top end kit on the engine.. long story short the compression started out great 130+ and it ran well for a few weeks then all of a sudden whenever it would get warmed up from driving for a little it would start to sputter out and would get to the point it didn't want to run at all.

I got to fooling around with it again now and I did a compression check and it came out to 90, which I know is not well. So I am assuming the newer head gasket I put on blew, I just pulled it in the garage today and I am planning on pulling the motor apart again and changing the rings and gaskets.

I talked to a neighbor of mine and he said that I probably did not break the motor in correctly after the rebuild. The way I was taught to break in two strokes was to run the motor for about 10-15 minutes and let it cool down completely and repeat that two to three times. I was wondering what the complete break in process is and if everyone on here could shed a little light on my situation and point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!
82EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO