lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
pasty64
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel in the Crank Case

My families cart has fuel in the crank case and blown up in the air filter, dip stick tube is filled right to the top. It's a 2002 G16. Recently was rolled on it's side in a minor mishap although I don't think that had much to do with this. It had a fuel issue not too long ago and started to die while running. We cleaned the carb and it seemed to work better. I'm thinking fuel pump for both issues but just wanted to double check before buying parts.
pasty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel in the Crank Case

Most common is a stuck float in the carb. Taking the carb completely apart, using compressed air will fix the issue. A very small percent of the time, the issue is with the fuel pump. I know you said you cleaned the carb, but I would give it another go.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When you take the carb apart look closely at the needle and seat under the float. I'd say you have a problem there. Either trash build up, a worn needle or stuck. It may also have a rubber tip on the point end and those are known to sometimes come off the metal part of the needle.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:33 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

the needle.is "rubber tipped", and is known to get a ring worn into the end that allows erratic fuel problems. with your described problem, i would drain the oil asap, and order a needle valve. i have never seen a yamaha with the "sunken float" people speak of. fuel pump is also a possible cause, but a very rare one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
pasty64
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys. I brought it home today to work on and as soon as it's not too hot I'll check things out.
pasty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:54 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

If you live in the Deep South like me it's gonna be hot for many more months. Lol
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha