lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default What's up?

Am I missing something here on this basket case I acquired. The carb on my g16 is not sitting level. Is that how it should be, I've never seen a carb set up like this? Cart is lifted. Am I missing parts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0945.jpg (144.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0946.jpg (186.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0947.jpg (184.4 KB, 0 views)
Strongpersuader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What's up?

with a lift kit the carb is not going to sit level as the rear suspension and engine cradle which is all one piece will be slanted from a little to a lot depending on the inches of lift
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

another thing, your dip stick will not be accurate, what I did with mine was drained the oil added 1 quart and then marked the dipstick at that point for full.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks! I just find it odd that it will run with the float/bowl at that angle. Even being stock it would have slant some right?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, don't run it more than a few seconds with the fan shroud off, engine will overheat.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #6
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yea I plan on getting it back together before trying to start it except for the driven clutch assembly. Watch you see is how I got it. Also have to make sure the wiring is correct also.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The engine is pretty level when stock. That is why with big lifts people drop the front mount down to level the cradle partially. And they move it back a little if they are trying to fit 25s on there. Most you can lift to fit 22s but when you go more the angle gets excessive.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #8
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Should I try to raise the back of the motor a little, raising it at the back motor mounts? Or will it be ok as is?
Old 03-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongpersuader View Post
Should I try to raise the back of the motor a little, raising it at the back motor mounts? Or will it be ok as is?
If you start monkeying with washers/spacers to "lift the back of the motor", you will change the distance from the front clutch to the rear clutch, not good. I say leave it as is, unless you have some good evidence that the angle is causing you some problems. If you do have some evidence that it is causing you problems, get/make something that drops the front of the engine cradle to level the whole engine & transmission, not a washer & spacer job that changes the relationship between the engine & transmission (that distance is very critical with a belt drive setup like used in golf carts).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you start monkeying with washers/spacers to "lift the back of the motor", you will change the distance from the front clutch to the rear clutch, not good. I say leave it as is, unless you have some good evidence that the angle is causing you some problems. If you do have some evidence that it is causing you problems, get/make something that drops the front of the engine cradle to level the whole engine & transmission, not a washer & spacer job that changes the relationship between the engine & transmission (that distance is very critical with a belt drive setup like used in golf carts).
I agree. Leave it as is.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha