lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RHOX Yamaha drive lift

Has anyone installed one on a drive. Looking to upgrade suspension, because my 07 drive rides like a lumber wagon. Currently has Jake 6inch spindle lift with 23's and 12inch rims. Trying to avoid jakes long travel due to it making the front end so much wider.
ATOMIC_BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RHOX Yamaha drive lift

Unfortunately, any kit besides a Long-Travel is going to basically reuse your stock suspension in another configuration, IE a spindle lift just moves the wheels down, an A-arm kit just moves the A-arms down - yes, they both provide "lift" but other than a Long-Travel, nothing is really going to change the factory ride and/or 1.5" of suspension travel.

While I personally really REALLY like the Jakes LT kits, Allsports does make the ASM-Y6DLT kit, which will give similar lift and performance as the Jakes but gives about 1.5" less per side as far as moving the stance "out" ... Something else to consider though is that while nothing out there "off the shelf" is as much of an improvement to ride and handling, etc as a LT kit, none of the ones on the market currently address the rear suspension, other than lifting it in the same manner as the lift You currently have. In actual "driving" You will be amazed at how much it smooths things out having the front end swapped to a LT, but You will still have a rough rear end ride (again, it just won't be as noticeable with the front end fixed).
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you know of any different shocks that would fit like an air shock maybe. All my buddy's have G22's with same lift but with 10in rims and 22in tires and they ride a lot nicer. Another jade a drive with 23's and 14in rims and his even rides better. My rims are a very deep dish and my tires don't buldge up in the middle like other tires,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1119.jpg (227.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
jho2930
Not Yet Wild

I have a g22 rode rough as hell with the regular jakes lift, just went ahead and spent the money on the Jakes long travel and threw some RFY coils $50 off ebay on the rear that measured eye to eye about the same as the factory shocks, thing rides like a cadillac now, only thing is if you haul people on the back youll have to have stiff *** shocks
jho2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
jho2930
Not Yet Wild

The problem on the yamahas you cant just replace the front shocks with any ol shock because of the way the spindles or drop arms mount to the shock itself
jho2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh ya that's right.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Here's a shot of a G22 that we put a set of longer nitrogen coilovers on to add a little extra height and soften the ride, they ran about $125 a set off the 'Bay ...

DSCN0931.jpg

They definitely helped soften things up. Another thing to consider is that You have less sidewall on 23's with 12" rims, so the tires themselves are going to be a lot "stiffer" than 22's on 10" rims. I personally LIKE less sidewall due to the lateral stability they give, but there is definitely a difference in ride.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #8
74Beeper
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Unfortunately, any kit besides a Long-Travel is going to basically reuse your stock suspension in another configuration, IE a spindle lift just moves the wheels down, an A-arm kit just moves the A-arms down - yes, they both provide "lift" but other than a Long-Travel, nothing is really going to change the factory ride and/or 1.5" of suspension travel.

While I personally really REALLY like the Jakes LT kits, Allsports does make the ASM-Y6DLT kit, which will give similar lift and performance as the Jakes but gives about 1.5" less per side as far as moving the stance "out" ... Something else to consider though is that while nothing out there "off the shelf" is as much of an improvement to ride and handling, etc as a LT kit, none of the ones on the market currently address the rear suspension, other than lifting it in the same manner as the lift You currently have. In actual "driving" You will be amazed at how much it smooths things out having the front end swapped to a LT, but You will still have a rough rear end ride (again, it just won't be as noticeable with the front end fixed).

Here I thought Jake's was the only one who offered a LT kit for a G22.... I too decided not to go with Jake's because of the overall track width being too wide. I just ordered a Rhox 6" A-arm lift but really like that Allsports setup. Do you know of any retailers that sell it cheaper than $800?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
74Beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha