lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
Hockeyheck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 79 Crank seals or not?

I have a 79 G1 and have been racking my brain trying to figure out if I have to get into this repair. Cart definitely runs better with choke,when I jack up back end and hold gas pedal about half throttle the engine "surges" . I did have an issue with the Float sticking recently. Cart has great power at high RPM's and up hills. New plug,fuel lines and filters (air and fuel). The reeds sit open just a hair.Will be replacing the carb this weekend. I also notice a hairline crack in the carb mounting joint.

-Bypassed oiler and mixing 40:1
-compression 120psi
-Exhaust has never been BBQ'd

Thanks in advance!!!
Hockeyheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 79 Crank seals or not?

Definitely do crank seals easy job if you are half way mechanicaly inclined biggest thing is you need a clutch puller and a puller for fly wheel other than that it's easy... Replace the carb boot if it's not allowing air in yet it will soon you want these sealed up tight... When you look for the boot the only one available is to the later models witch has the nipple on the top it's no big deal everything else fits you just have to plug the nipple... 120 psi is good pull the muffler off and check it again if it drops then bbq the muffler if it stays at 120 I would leave it 40:1 is pretty thick for oil mixture the factory oiler puts out 128:1-300:1 depending on rpm I ran my premix at 100:1 with a quality oil minimal smoke and it took a beating and kept on running great..choking to get it to run right could be combination of crank seals and check your throttle shaft on old carb if it has a lot of play that allows air in and leans it out requiring choke to make it run right
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
Hockeyheck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Will do Spicyunicorn. Thanks!!! I was hoping to avoid this but I think deep down I KNEW this needed to be done
Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

These are good write ups on it should make it simple http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...yamaha-g1.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-fan-side.html
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
Hockeyheck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks...good info!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha