lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
oldjohnt
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 Intermittent Cranking Failure

I have an 1995 G14 Gas that had the solenoid replaced maybe 5 years ago and the starter/generator was also refurbished, but the start/stop micro switch on the gas pedal is original. Maybe every 4th start attempt when you depress the gas you (I think its faint) hear the gas pedal micro switch click but she doesn't crank but if you let up and press again it always starts the second try. Ima thinking the problem is EITHER the solenoid or the micro start/stop switch on the gas pedal, WHICH IS YOUR FIRST SUSPECT ????? Sure if I had a test light on the solenoid input coil when it fails despite gas pedal down that may answer my question, but in the meantime which of the two suspects (replacement cost is near the same) would you first think is the cause??? I guess it wouldn't hurt if I unplugged and cleaned and checked the connector down on the gas pedal to see if that cured the problem as its dirty and dusty down there.

John T
oldjohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Intermittent Cranking Failure

First suspect = weak or undercharged battery.

second suspect = poor/dirty/corroded battery connections.

These will cost you 0$ to check/correct. After these are eliminated you can look into checking/replacing parts. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Also $0 to jump stop/ start switch.Just do it safely.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
oldjohnt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks gents, The Battery is fairly new, well charged and its terminals good n clean n tight so I guess I will rig a jumper and/or a small test pilot light to jump engage the solenoid and jump across the start/stop micro switch to see which is at fault, and as you say its no cost and fairly easy. Funny since I posted this ITS NEVER FAILED TO CRANK THE FIRST TIME LOL and even when it did happen it ALWAYS cranked the second time you depressed the gas pedal. With the solenoid newer but the stop/start switch ORIGINAL I'm kind of thinking it may be at fault, but I will do more testing prior.

Best wishes

John T
oldjohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha