lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Sleezy81
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question G2 valve cover leaking

I recently removed the valve cover on my G2 to adjust the valves. It was a spur of the moment project and I didn't have a new gasket handy when I done it so I reused the old one. It wasn't in the best of shape but it seemed to seal back. After a week or so I noticed a little bit of oil had been leaking from around the valve cover. I decided to order a new gasket for it. I installed the new gasket last week and now the valve cover is leaking really bad, to the point of actually making puddles on the ground. The new gasket appeared substantially thinner and flimsier than the OEM gasket did. I tightened the socket cap bolts hand tight plus another 1/4 to 1/2 turn with a t-handle allen wrench and did not use any gasket sealer. Any advice on getting the valve cover to seal ? Maybe use two gaskets and/or some sealer ?
Sleezy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 valve cover leaking

I would go with an OEM gasket. When ever I rebuild an engine it's nothing but OEM.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha