lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #11
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 crazy starter voltage?

I found these pictures on the net and compared US vs Japanese electric diagrams; they have same color codes... By the way electronic or electro-mechanical, they work the same way sending (or not) a minus signal to the starter/generator depending of the current voltage.

The trouble with the adjustable VR is that the value is different with/without its cover... so it is a game of several tries!

I was having real time voltage (and max voltage) on my Android dash but am actually working on a new version of my sensors; so let say next month I shall have charts rpm/voltage every x seconds (I think 2 secs, it is a parameter)...

I understand why Yamaha engineered it that way; they are "golf carts", but we use them differently and connect other accessories... Last week end, as I had everything, I connected a rear camera... funny but quite useless

Now I am happy, I bought a new Android mirror which HAVE full Bluetooth networking! I am actually working on a new box with an Arduino Mega this time (adding alarm system with GPS/GSM, remote lightning, etc...)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0416.jpg (155.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0418.jpg (199.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0419.jpg (155.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0420.jpg (161.8 KB, 0 views)
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I'm surprised no one has spoken up about how to fix this? I know where I am at they change everything, Starter, regulator and battery, and still have the issue. I'm curious now what companies do when they run across this issue.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #13
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The newer style has a brown wire I believe what did you do with the extra wire?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #14
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

On the G16-A, only 3 wires (apparently) as on my G15-A:
  • Green
  • Red/white
  • Black

Originally, my VR part# is JF2-81910-01 same as G16-A and has only 3 wires connected to it. As on the diagram, one connector is not used... This G15-A is quite near the G14-A (fuse on minus, contact switch with a position to check the oil bulb, etc...).

I can see on the G9-A (still same VR), this brown is connected after the starter relay... I simply do not have it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (101.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (82.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled3.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sformal View Post
On the G16-A, only 3 wires (apparently) as on my G15-A:
  • Green
  • Red/white
  • Black

Originally, my VR part# is JF2-81910-01 same as G16-A and has only 3 wires connected to it. As on the diagram, one connector is not used... This G15-A is quite near the G14-A (fuse on minus, contact switch with a position to check the oil bulb, etc...).

I can see on the G9-A (still same VR), this brown is connected after the starter relay... I simply do not have it!

your getting warmer
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:44 PM   #16
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe someone else with chime in looks simple enough if brown wire isn't present
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:52 AM   #17
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All 4 units are using the very same VR (JF2-81910-01-00) with only one (the oldest which is the G9-A) with a brown 4th connector...

I checked the following carts (G22-A, YDRA, etc...) they also use only 3 wires, so having one of them, we can directly use the electro-mechanical VR which permits to setup the max voltage we want! *smile

Anyway, I would connect it on the G9-A forgetting the brown and am sure it would work the same way; the starter/generator needs the signal and that is it *smile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G22-A.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg YDRA.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha