lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
64chevelle
Not Yet Wild

Default pushing race car

I have a g2 that we use to push are racecar through the pits with,it gets hot quick and starts to labor.I have replaced both clutches with new ones,i have also put a heavy spring in the rear clutch(white).Does anyone else use there carts for this purpose and what upgrades have you done.
64chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: pushing race car

Welcome to Buggies Gone Wild!!

If it's overheating, check to make sure your muffler isn't clogging up and also make sure there is not a lot of dirt packed in under the plastic engine cover.

There are plenty of performance mods for these carts: high performance clutches, belts, rear spring/spacer kit, etc... Check out Plowman's high performance kits and some of our other sponsors here.

All my G2's and G9's I've owned I only installed the spring/spacer kit on the rear clutch and kept a good drive belt on. I also completely removed the little governor cable and run the pedal cable directly to the carb and adjusted. G2's unfortunately have a rev limiter so you still have kick back.

Did your torque spring come with a spacer?? If not, you need one to replace the c-clip on the shaft.

One big thing to watch on these models is the engine mounts and the little tension cable under the air filter box which keeps the engine from moving back and causing slack in the drive belt under load. Another good idea is to remove the fuel filter in the tank and run an inline. The one in the tank clogs and deteriorates easily. And make sure your air box is sealed tight (no air leaks).

Also make sure you never overgrease the drive clutch or rear clutch bushing. It will throw grease all over the belt.

I'm moving this thread to Gas Yamaha.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:01 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll emphasize on spriddles comment about the dirt under the cover these older carts get dirt and debris packed in and around fins on motor under the plastic witch cause poor cooling it's a pain but pull all the plastic shrouds off and clean motor also may not hurt to check valve lash if your a race car guy going should be able to handle that set to .004"
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64chevelle View Post
Does anyone else use there carts for this purpose and what upgrades have you done.
We use carts for the same purpose. Some upgrades from Don Plowman are the way to go, in my opinion. You can read about my experience by clicking this link:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-vc-460-a.html
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
64chevelle
Not Yet Wild

I apologize for posting in the wrong section,not sure how I did that.Correction,I used a red spring with the spacer.Its a new muffler,sealed up air box,tightened up on torque cable,cleaned cooling fins,(not bad) Just recently bypassed the governor,I haven't had a chance to push the car since then but I did pick up 5 mph.Once in a while it will back fire through the exhaust after driving steadily talking you foot off gas and getting back on it.I still have to remove the tank pick up and go over the valves,they do sound a little noisy.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

No problem posting in my section. I just moved it so you could get help from numerous members if needed. It's all good. And welcome to Buggies Gone Wild.

Backfiring is more than likely due to the throttle not closing all the way after you let off the gas pedal. Clean and adjust the throttle cable. And probably does need a valve adjustment.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

And by the way, you know we are going to want to see pic's of that race car of yours.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
64chevelle
Not Yet Wild

Will do, thank you for the help.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

No problem. Hope you enjoy the forum. Plenty of guys (and gals) around here with tons of experience and info.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #10
64chevelle
Not Yet Wild

What belt do you recommend,I would assume the wider the better?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha