lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #21
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Stick a fork in me Johnny - I'm done. 2002 FE290 carburetor

I have diagrams, with numbered parts, but no descriptions of the numbers. If you will indulge me, I have saved a few diagrams with parts unknown to me for your ID.

WHATZIT1 - where does #16 go? Would it have any positive or negative effect on my current repair?

WHATZIT2 - What is #18 and would disconnecting the small circle wire cause any effect? Is this the Rev Limiter disconnect? Or the other end of the Black Bok micro switch wire?

WHATZIT3 - Is #14 the coil and is it in the main body of the engine? That'll be hard to R&R.

Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
I have diagrams, with numbered parts, but no descriptions of the numbers. If you will indulge me, I have saved a few diagrams with parts unknown to me for your ID.

WHATZIT3 - Is #14 the coil and is it in the main body of the engine? That'll be hard to R&R.

#14 is the oil level sensor, hense it in the engine. ignition coil is connected to the end of the spark plug wire #20 below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Igtnition Coil.JPG (51.6 KB, 0 views)
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #23
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:

WHATZIT2 - What is #18 and would disconnecting the small circle wire cause any effect? Is this the Rev Limiter disconnect? Or the other end of the Black Bok micro switch wire?

i believe if you want to disable the RPM Limiter, then you ONLY remove the screwed in brown wire @ the terminal and tape off the terminal so it does not ground out or hit anything, and put the screw & clamp back in. highlighted below, do not think you want to completely disconnect the wire in the small circle, think it cuts out other things as well. one being the coil !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Whatzit2-2.jpg (78.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rpm2.JPG (38.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #24
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:

WHATZIT1 - where does #16 go? Would it have any positive or negative effect on my current repair?

If i am not mistaken that is the ground strap, goes from the motor stud by oil tube to the frame. mine is a braided open cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ground Cable.jpg (266.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #25
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sure someone will correct me on my mistakes

pulling from my memory and manuals for my 08 DS
Old 07-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #26
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
sure someone will correct me on my mistakes

pulling from my memory and manuals for my 08 DS
Nope! Your on the money with all of them!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #27
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Land Owner? your overthinking it my friend! (I'm pretty sure I said that to BearsFan also! )

Here's the Illustrated Parts List for your cart... it's not a Service manual,
but at least you'll get a sneak peek (and part names) to hopefully help cure your curiosity!

click to download and save>>>> 01-02-DS IPL.pdf
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:38 PM   #28
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am a visual guy. Pictures say a lot for me. Knowing which parts are what also matters. I appreciate the markups above as well as the illustrated parts list. The IPL is much nicer than the previous PDFs that I have been using and the parts finally have names!!

As I already wrote, these engines are not that complicated (but danged if they don't irritate and frustrate me to no good end). I don't work on them every day. The last EXTENSIVE R&R I did to this cart was in 2010.

Since then the cart has not seen much service - or more correctly, saw "significant" service through the watershed of hurricane Irene when I caught my son and his buddies abusing the cart driving through deep ditches and standing water towing a skim boarder. As I am the only one responsible for cart maintenance and upkeep, I put a stop to that.

Since then it has seen sporadic service in hunting seasons transporting mobility impaired hunters to and from stands and retrieving game. It has sat for quite a while with no use whatsoever. It is past time to put her back into service.

Tomorrow I will work on the Rev Limiter kill wire and do the recommended spare spark plug testing that CP241 has suggested. I really appreciate all of the help.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
I am a visual guy. Pictures say a lot for me. Knowing which parts are what also matters. I appreciate the markups above as well as the illustrated parts list. The IPL is much nicer than the previous PDFs that I have been using and the parts finally have names!!

As I already wrote, these engines are not that complicated (but danged if they don't irritate and frustrate me to no good end). I don't work on them every day. The last EXTENSIVE R&R I did to this cart was in 2010.

Since then the cart has not seen much service - or more correctly, saw "significant" service through the watershed of hurricane Irene when I caught my son and his buddies abusing the cart driving through deep ditches and standing water towing a skim boarder. As I am the only one responsible for cart maintenance and upkeep, I put a stop to that.

Since then it has seen sporadic service in hunting seasons transporting mobility impaired hunters to and from stands and retrieving game. It has sat for quite a while with no use whatsoever. It is past time to put her back into service.

Tomorrow I will work on the Rev Limiter kill wire and do the recommended spare spark plug testing that CP241 has suggested. I really appreciate all of the help.

Sounds like a game plan. If you need photos of anything, I can take pics of my carryall. It's got a little different motor than yours, but parts locations and everything are the same.

I just took apart a FE290 like you have in your DS. I think I took pictures along the way in that. And Friday the FE350 for my DS will show up from UPS. I plan to go through it, measure everything and rebuild that motor before I install it. I'll take pictures of that along the way. This DS is getting a complete overhaul. Should be fun with a 350 powered DS :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I did take pics when I took the 290 apart. The ignition coil is in the upper left next to the fan/flywheel. It is on the drivers side of the cart underneath the big black fan shroud.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190618_231516.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car