lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
ccarlton
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical headlight wiring problems

I just recently purchased a 1995 club car ds gas cart. I got a good deal on it from an older gentleman because it had a couple of issues that he didn't want to mess with so he just bought a new cart. The first issue was that it was slow to engage the starter, which I diagnosed as a loose and worn out starter belt from reading past threads on here. Now, the next issue I haven't found anything about it from past threads. What is happening is that the headlights stay on at all times even with the key off. The only time that the lights ever go off is if the parking break is engaged. With the parking break engaged the lights are off and the actual light switch will work them on and off. But as soon as the break is released they are on regardless of what the switch does. The older gentleman said that it just recently started doing this. I'm not sure if the lighting kit that's on the cart was standard from the factory or if it was an aftermarket install. It is supposed to have headlights with hi/low beams, taillights, and break lights. However the taillights/break lights have been cut and disconnected so I'm assuming that there was a problem with them in the past. For now I've reached under the front and disconnected the headlight plug so that nothing is on to run the battery down. The wiring harness doesn't connect directly to the battery terminals so I don't know exactly where it's wired in at. I would like to get it figured out and actually have working headlights and taillights. I'm not really concerned with break lights. Any ideas about where the crossed wires are or what to do to find it?
ccarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2021, 08:04 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electrical headlight wiring problems

There should be a fuse block located in the plastic box containing the solenoid. Trace your wires from there to locate the issue. Sounds like your brake light wires are connected to your headlight wires. There is 2 switches for brake lights. One activates the brake lights and is under the cart near the brake pedal assembly and the other is on the pedal itself by the parking brake light and that one kills power to the lower switch when the parking brake is locked.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
ccarlton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical headlight wiring problems

I'll check the fuse block and see what I can figure out
ccarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car