lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 IGNITOR PROBLEMS - spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUS View Post
Smallblock you not crazy it is one primary clutch weightight that is broken......thanks for the advice

Now the next question is will you replace all 3 or only the broken one?

markus
Glad to hear me not crazy, even though my girlfreind tells me I am Replace all three. Glad I could help. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #12
MARKUS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks to everyone,

All 3 the primary weights, pins and spacer washers have been replaced and everthing is fine with the cart, no more rev limiter.

Markus
MARKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUS View Post
Thanks to everyone,

All 3 the primary weights, pins and spacer washers have been replaced and everthing is fine with the cart, no more rev limiter.

Markus
Glad to hear it! Where's the pic's of your car?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #14
MARKUS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dave,

I am a Yamaha dealer in South Africa, we sell boats, jet ski's and golf cars in Potchefstroom. So this was a customers car and nobody was able to find the fault and the customer bought it to me for repairs.

Thanks to BGW and you the probleme was repaired.

I use a YDRE round here when I need one.

Thanks
Markus
MARKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
cam66
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

i have a simular issue, i have a huge spark initially, then diminishes down to a small spark, with plug in it will try to run then just peter out. i have an almost identical cart and it has a small spark always but it runs exellent. this problem happens with or without voltage reg hooked up. i thought it might be a fuel pump issue so i put a gravity feed tank on just to see and same performance.
cam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You win again small block. Having rev problems that just started, voila, broken weight. Would have never gotten there from here.
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually the cart does not shift with broken weight and revs, has no speed. Broken weight often puts a small dent in the side of the cover, small crack also.You can replace one or all, but if one goes the rest are close behind. Heat the set screws to loosen the loctite, they should not be that tight. Take the cover off and look at the weights and links, you can see where the pin will wear through the weight and out the end.

Spark can be hard to read at high speed. The G9 is not known to have a rev limit in it, I think it valve floats before that. I ran mine for over a decade with no governor and wound it out all the time but not for very far maybe half mile max. G2 has a limiter. You can use one ignitor on the other only one wire needs to be changed, I've read. I think the G9 can only make it to around 4500-5K and will not rev higher (with 22s on level ground), but mine never cut out at all, ever. In fact when I put a stock clone with no governor in a G9 it went 1mph faster on GPS, the clone valve floated at the same rpm. It got there much faster, it did have a remote airbox and car muffler and jetted richer.

The G2 has a white steering column and wheel and rockers the G9 they are black. The front trim over the dash is alum the G9 has black plastic over it. The rear bumper has rubber trim in the center the rockers also do the G9 no trim and all black. G2 has higher compression and rev limit. G2 has a solid looking square cup holder the G9 you can see the bottom of the can through it. G9 is what '91 and up?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:46 AM   #18
Bigmugs
Not Yet Wild

Try and explain my rev problem then. Runs at lower rpms in forward and slow throttle response. If it is in reverse, or if I unbolt the micro switch for the reverse buzzer and make it go off and leave it in forward it runs at higher rpms and is very responsive but acts like the timing is off at start up, with a few back fires. Replaced buzzer and found a burned off ground to the pulse coil that I replaced also. Cart runs great when it is ice cold in forward and reverse but when it warms up forward is weak and reverse has the timing issue but once you get it going runs great.
Bigmugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:54 AM   #19
Bigmugs
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to mention that it is a 1992 G8
Bigmugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #20
mjfletch
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: G9 IGNITOR PROBLEMS - spark

I have a yamaha G6a Turfmate which runs slow and has black smoke. The plug also shows signs of sooting. Is this an ignitor problem? I thought it may be a clutch problem and took the belt off but still the same very low reving. If I take the clutch weights off the clutch and then run the motor I presume this would then show if it was the weights or something else. Could it be indicative of the ignitor not advancing the timing? Any help gratefully received. It is doing my head in
mjfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha