lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default '02 CC Dieseling and slow to start

I'm back...following a long period of the CC's flawless performance.

She will start fine, run fine, and after some exertion, fails to start immediately:
(chuga, chuga, chuga, chuga, etc., for 5-10 seconds as the starter generator turns the engine over),
and fails to shut off (dieseling for 5-15 seconds sometimes) when the pedal is no longer depressed.

I suspect the carburetor. Perhaps the bowl is "run dry" by the dieseling. It isn't backfiring when it eventually starts but the dieseling is worry-some. I am certain that I have fed it, maybe still am feeding it alcohol laced gasoline (Ethanol).
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '02 CC Dieseling and slow to start

Dieseling is usually caused by a hot combustion chamber in conjunction with fuel flow. I'd check your cooling fins for trash ( actually remove the fan cover ), and clean them really well. Also I believe you have a fuel shutoff solenoid on your carb. Use a test light and make sure this shuts off when you stop. If the power shuts off when you stop, remove it and see if there is any crud in it. Those 2 things should help you! The hard hot start could be the cooling air issue also.

P.S. Oh, by the way, don't use gas with alcohol in it! I know it costs more ( not to put something in it, right! ), but your cart will appreciate it no end! If alcohol free isn't available use premium!

Alcohol is for human consumption, not your cart's!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Even with a cut off solenoid I imagine there would still be enough fuel in the carb to support combustion for a while. Dieseling is generally caused by carbon hot spots in the combustion chamber. These will be hot enough to ignite the fuel. There are several products available that claim to clear these up when added to your fuel and run through the system. Seafoam is highly recommended but i've never personally used it. Back in the day there were two methods we used to get rid of the carbon; One trick was to dribble diesel fuel into the carb throat while keeping the engine at a high idle. This produced some quite spectacular clouds of black smoke and was usually followed by several large men with bright yellow boots arriving on a fire truck to put out a car burning in a garage. The other was "The Italian tune up" which involved racing the holy hell out of the car on the Cirencester By-pass for several miles. This also produced some quite obscene smoking effects and did not amuse the local constabulary one jot. Of course, you could just pull the head and clean it up but where's the fun in that ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The throttle should be fully closed and check the adjustment on the stop circut microswitch that grounds out the coil when you let off the gas pedal
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car