lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Default 4" lift and stuff

So,
If I lift the cart by 4",is it a simple case of extending the steering link,thingy and the snubber bracket by the same 4", or are there dark forces trying to catch me out?

Physics never was my strong point!
pacific marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 4" lift and stuff

If your just going to lift 4"'s then your just flipping leaf over axle in the rear so as far as snubber you will probably be ok with just flipping the metal pice that sticks into the rubber snubber upside down, and the front I think your said in another post you were going to Z lift, well other than the obvious Z lift part yes you will need to cut the steering nuckle in half n weld the male and female ends back on to a pice of pipe cut to length to make it fit back
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

D'you think flipping the snubber bracket is ok,read some stuff about levels in the tranny and don't want to bugger anything up.

Just been thinking about the steering link and it became obvious that by using a Z lift ,the front axle moves forward as well, so I have to extend the steering link more than just the 4" lift, see, dark forces at work!

Just trying to prep for everything before I get to it.

Cheers.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

if your doing the Z lift your self and you have a welder and a band saw or other method of cutting the 1" pipe for the steering thats no big deal at all shouldnt take you 20 mins to fix. after you put you front end back together cut the male spline off steering nuckle, put female side back on bottom side, ( caz the the other male end is on the shock like cylnder mounted to the frame) the the male end you cut off will go back on the bottom of the steering wheel, now measure the destance for the pice of pipe you need to cut pull your pices back off and weld them to each end of your pipe and your done. after you weld them on youll have to loosen the bolts to the steering assmbly to have enough movment in it to be able to get the female end on after its all one pice again. here is a pic of mine back from when i did it if ya need a better pic i can run out and try to get ya some close ups
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart4.jpg (95.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

I'm with ya Fly,
Thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

my lift was 7 1/2 exactly, and it pushed my front clip out 3 inches. gave me great clearance for the 24" tires i got on the now. but anyways the pice i add'ed into the steering was 8 inches exactly of 1/16 thich, 1" pipe. my Z's i plazma cut out of 3/8's plate. if you Z your front make sure you cut it in the right spot caz there is no room for error !! you have to make the cut right at the dash supports any were else and you lift will be in the middle of your steering.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
Sebber
Not Yet Wild

Am i missing something here? I just installed a 6 inch lift, I followed the online instructions to a T and did not have to extend any steering linkage or flip or modify the snubber... what am i missing?
Sebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you didn't make a Z lift, you didn't need to do any steering mods, the Z lift actualy is cutting the frame ( front clip off) and lifting the cart by adding plates that look like the letter Z thus giving the name Z lift, thus needing to add to the steering. and as far as the snubber i personaly looked at many lifts and your right they do not come with a snubber drop BUT i feel the ALL 6" and over should to keep the motor at a level factor ride. the motor was designed to oil and operate in a ceraten position, so the remarking the dip stick ,, no low oil light, n all that i would rather drop it back to level
Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

once you do the Z lift there is no going back ever..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

why not ? you can weld aluminum. and you can make straight plates instead of dropped ones. if i was to take my Z lift of i would just weld it back together and add 1/2 aluminum plate to the inside and weld in to lap the seam
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car