lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: 4" lift and stuff

yes you can weld aluinium. most people do not have the option to even weld steel at home. they do sell a gassless aluinium wire, but it aint cheap! i weld with that crap almost everynight at work and i still have issues with it!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Never welded with gas less aluminum wire, not sure if I would want to ! But even if they can't weld it their selfs. There is always the option of taking it to a shop or a budy or something. My point was that the Z lift can be removed.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
TURF1-RYC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I may be new to the forum and to golf carts in general.. but the Z lift does NOT look safe.. I work in an automotive body shop. Every weld or repair I do. I have to back up and human lives depend on my work..So I know my way around a car.. cutting the frame on the golf cart like that will give you a weak point..especially for all the do-it-at-homers.. I don't know how rough yall may be on your cart after the lift,, but it looks like an accident waiting to happen... I went with an A-ARM lift on my carry all..AND YES. You can weld aluminum, but you can't give it the same strength that extruded aluminum had before being cut... feel free to prove me wrong..
TURF1-RYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Z lifts were a factory item at one time, I think it was the carryall that you could get it as a factory option on (3" Z lift), I don't see were it would be any more worse than any other lift if done right, because all lifts in turn ultimately raise the cart making it more top heavy and unstable.
Mine has been on a year now and it's 7.5" and I've put many miles on it over that year with no issues, and most of those miles are off road, not extreme trail riding or anything just, non road, like around the yard, trails to the deer stand few mud holes and hills no rock crawling or one wheel frame twisting stuff lol
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok z lift are we refering to the "z bar" from the frame to the steering on a cart? on my carry all i have 4 steel drop rails that drop the front frame down. they sandwich the frame, and drop it 2 to 3 inches down. this is factory. its simular to the drop rails on any truck. they place these at the end to drop the rails down to allow a vertical read to be installed over a horizonal, better cooling cause more air flow over a larger area. kenworth has a bad problem of there w900 cracking and tearing, mainly only on the dump/logging appl. because they cant douple rail theselike a standard rail.get a 36 ft truck hauling arse with 65k on it it. that will get some flex issues! even thoughyo have 3 or 4 tag axles down to spread the weight on the road, but not on the truck.
marlin, look at the pictures i sent you you can see the drop rails in question on there they are the gray steel bolted to the aluin. i beams. or frame.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #16
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

CK and Fly,I'm all good with the Z lift method ,thanks for the pics.
I'm using 1/4" aly plates on each side of each chassis member, so it's gonna be 3/4" thick at the cut/join point and they're gonna be welded by a friend of mine, who at one time was one of only two guys in the UK,qualified to weld aluminium torpedo tubes for the mod.
He's pretty good but I don't tell him that!
Once he welds these Z's on, they ain't coming off.
Thanks all, all good info as usual.
Cheers.

Will send pics when I work out how to, you will be impressed when you see the quality of this guys work.
pacific marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #17
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific marlin View Post
CK and Fly,I'm all good with the Z lift method ,thanks for the pics.
I'm using 1/4" aly plates on each side of each chassis member, so it's gonna be 3/4" thick at the cut/join point and they're gonna be welded by a friend of mine, who at one time was one of only two guys in the UK,qualified to weld aluminium torpedo tubes for the mod.
He's pretty good but I don't tell him that!
Once he welds these Z's on, they ain't coming off.
Thanks all, all good info as usual.
Cheers.

Will send pics when I work out how to, you will be impressed when you see the quality of this guys work.
ohhh torpedeo tubes! can you get 2 and mount them on he cart? be one fast cart!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #18
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

CK.........you been watching too many James Bond movies?

I'm starting to worry bout you
pacific marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car