lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
northerndoc
Not Yet Wild

Default '87 Trouble Starting/Running

Hey all- new to the forum and carts. Just bought an '87 Club Car that was running pretty good when I bought it but now has intermittent problems starting. It starts up when cold pretty well, runs good for a while, then won't start. I haven't cleaned the carb yet, but will do that tonight, just looking for any other things I should check. When it has trouble starting, I can use starting fluid and get it running, but it won't start on it's own. The s/g turns the motor just fine and everything else seems to work.
northerndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: '87 Trouble Starting/Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndoc View Post
Hey all- new to the forum and carts. Just bought an '87 Club Car that was running pretty good when I bought it but now has intermittent problems starting. It starts up when cold pretty well, runs good for a while, then won't start. I haven't cleaned the carb yet, but will do that tonight, just looking for any other things I should check. When it has trouble starting, I can use starting fluid and get it running, but it won't start on it's own. The s/g turns the motor just fine and everything else seems to work.
Check for a good spark next time it quits. This might be a coil breaking down Ndoc
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
northerndoc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '87 Trouble Starting/Running

Took carb apart last night and cleaned everything. When I pulled the bowl off, the pin that holds the float in had backed out allowing the float to tilt sideways... hence the intermittent problems. Reassembled everything and she ran great. ON to the project of building a little bumper and installing some headlight/foglights... :)
northerndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car