lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Graham1
Not Yet Wild

Default Cleaning my 1989 G2

Can I clean in the battery area under the seat with a pressure washer, was wondering if everything is sealed to keep water from ruining it?
Graham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Cleaning my 1989 G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1 View Post
Can I clean in the battery area under the seat with a pressure washer, was wondering if everything is sealed to keep water from ruining it?
Yes you can. Not a bad idea to take the batteries out (make a good wiring diagram), high pressure wash the battery frame work and when dry, paint the frame work. Reinstall the batteries and repace corroded j hooks and battery holdowns if needed. Clean all the battery posts with a wire wheel in a drill and clean all the battery cable ends (a wire wheel in a bench grinder works great) or replace the cables or ends as needed. If the battery nuts are corroded, replace with stainless steal nuts(NO WING NUTS!!!). Some like to spray on battery terminal protectant, I'm not a fan, but it's up to you. Hope that helped alittle.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Graham1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cleaning my 1989 G2

Thanks for the info smallblock450sl !!!!!
Graham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha