lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
arsenalgtg
Getting Wild

Default 91 Marathon slipping belt?

Hi, still very new to this.

I have purchased a 91 marathon as a project.

I have so far stripped the roof and awaiting lift kit and 12" alloys, then custom body, paint etc.

However....Ive taken it around my warehouse yesterday and noticed that when you put it in forward and kick down the pedal, it feels like the engine is over revving to what speed its accelerating at.

I had a quick look at the engine and the drive belt, seems quite slack, its probably got 1-1 1/2 inch of movement when pressed. Is this normal?

how do I adjust it?

all information is greatly appreciated, there is nothing like this site in the UK, I love it!! well done to you all!!
arsenalgtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 91 Marathon slipping belt?

No adjustment on the drive belts. You may have warn clutches that are making the belt loose or the belt is very old and lost its width. Start with good belt that is for the cart. Then if problem persists, you may also have a drive clutch that is not closing so keep that in mind also. Best test is to jack up rear of cart so tires are not on ground. Open seat area and remove access panel of rear. Then hit gas and watch how the clutche responds. At start, your drive clutch should be open and driven clutch holding belt to top of clutch. As speed increases your drive clutch closes up and the driven clutch opens up. If your drive clutch is slow to close it could cause the sqeal.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
dan161
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcloud View Post
If your drive clutch is slow to close it could cause the sqeal.
Redcloud, I got everything you said, but what causes the drive clutch to be slow to close? I may have the same problem so I'm curious as to how to fix the drive clutch if its indeed slow to close. Thanks
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
redcloud
Gone Wild

There is a spring and ramps in the clutch. As the rpm's of the engine go up the sentrificle force overpowers the spring and forces the clutch sheevs to close up. If you have a weak/ broken spring or other broken/warn parts in the clutch it will not function properly. You could even have a dirty system but if you clean it out I would do some spring changing and check for warn parts. May be better to replace with new as I did. Heavy price but worth it.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO