lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Mattfik
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1982 G1 suspension

Please help. Trying to repair my wobbly front wheels and I think it is an issue with the king pins? Looked at exploded pics of front suspension and it looks like king pins and bushings but my cart has no bushings on it currently. Could the bushings have worn away or does the 82 have a different set up? Thanks
Mattfik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 G1 suspension

I know the early models had different spindles than the later ones, not sure when the change was though. Can you post a pic?

Those king pins wear out quite a bit, in fact, a lot of times the pin wears into the a arm metal. Might want to take it apart and have a look see.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Mattfik
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply, I need to look at it closer. How about steering issues? When I turn steering wheel to one side wheels turn but won't turn when I spin wheel the other way. I assume it's an issue in the steering gearbox which I will inspect after removing the cowl.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
Mattfik
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Slonono do you know if my 82 g1 uses king pins with bushings or was it a different set up?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
todman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a steering box for sale if you need one 40.00
todman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have one also. As far as your king pins, I don't know when the changeover was. Let me see if I can find out.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Go to tntgolf site and look at the yamaha parts section it should show all parts. The box can be adjusted but if its too worn it will still be loose center when tight turned, they wear in the center the most. It must be adjusted to turn free all the way both directions. Also the grease can leak out of them, most fill them with wheel bearing grease that will not run out. Most of the kingpins have a double roll pin you have to get out then they come out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Mattfik
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks all for the info. And SlonoMo sorry for the misspell. Cart is at campground and issues arose late Labor Day so plan to rip into it next weekend to see what is really going on and what parts I may need. Wheels have been wobbly for awhile so I'm sure I'll have more Q's and needs. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha