lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
YamiG1!
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New Yamaha G1

My family has had a Yamaha G1 that we use around our house quite frequently but I've decide to spend my money to make it "Cool". Mainly want to use it to drive to TCU football games and for hunting purposes. Started going through it and the brakes are shot so I ordered new lines and plan on putting those on this weekend. Also have a bad reverse solenoid. Any info that will assist me with that is greatly appreciated. I love this website and you guys are a great asset. I only have one picture since I'm at school and the cart is at home but i will update as much as I possibly can. Engine is running real strong at about 27 mph gps tested with the governor screw all the way in.

In the future I'm going with Jakes 6in wheels and tires. Purple matte paint job with TCU decals. Any info on Fiberglass repair would help as well. Led Fuel gauge. 24" light bar any help with auxiliary lighting??. and some type of back seat or utility box. Cant decide whether or not to put the roof back on but thats down the line. I have a standard set of tools nothing special.

Thanks for looking. you guys are the best!!! Cant wait to join the club!!!
YamiG1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: New Yamaha G1

Welcome to BGW! I love the G1, very sturdy cart. My best suggestion is to read as much as you can on the site, use the search feature and you'll find "on topic" threads that will help you. Way too much info here!

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-newbies.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-catalog.html

Have fun!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
YamiG1!
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have some updated pictures from the project. I have thrown in a tune up kit and fixed all the fiberglass holes and cracks and primed it. I purchase a purple bed liner kit from eBay and will pick of the pieces from the paint booth this afternoon. Also threw on a 34" light bar with a Team Alba switch and I am in the process of making a stereo enclosure for the roof also powered with a Team Alba Racing switch. I also ordered a air compressor operated train horn to mount underneath the front cowl. I will upload pictures of the dash later but this is the current pictures I have on my phone. Still need help figuring out how to lift the cart since it is a J10. Thanks for Looking and ill try to keep updates coming.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
YamiG1!
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm very pleased with the way the body and roof came out. I just ordered another switch for the stereo that matches the other one in the dash and repainted the dash with a black bed liner. the gas cap is also coated in the black bed liner but I didn't have time to put on before I went to bed haha. Its been some long nights.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Carts lookin good!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So far it looks good, lifting the G1 front end bring a hole bunch of tire alignment issues
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
YamiG1!
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Heres the final project just need to get some stuff adjusted on the motor. It seems to me that the cart is losing power and running very very hot can any of yall give me some insight as to why that could happen.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
YamiG1!
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

http://i.imgur.com/RT4tp2M.jpg
Old 05-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #9
twhartman
Not Yet Wild

What lift did you end up using for your cart? I've got an 81 that i'm redoing currently, but all of the lifts are for the 82+.
twhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhartman View Post
What lift did you end up using for your cart? I've got an 81 that i'm redoing currently, but all of the lifts are for the 82+.
Best G1 lift available IMO, will fit '81 gas model >> http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit/jake's-yamaha-gas-5-inch-a-arm-lift-kit-%28models-g1%29/6250

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha