lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
1BGBDWF
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ezgo electric to gas conversion

I have a 2001 TXT 48v lifted cart I am looking to convert to gas (due to lack of range with my electric set-up). I have a line on a 89 Marathon doner cart. How hard would it be to remove the inner frame and power train support from the doner and mount it into the TXT? The TXT has a leaf spring set-up, the marathon has a coil spring. Are there any watch-outs? Will the inner frame line up with the current axle placement. Thanks in advance for the input!
1BGBDWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo electric to gas conversion

Welcome to the madness, you are converting from a different style cart but here is some reference to things you may run into, post pics along the way so other members may be able to help.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...rn-omg-ii.html
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You might want to sell it and buy a gas cart. There are lots of things to change if you try to convert it and it might actually cost you much more than the alternative.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
misterpowertools
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Buy a Honda eu1000 generator and leave it in the cart connected and running!?! Not really sure if you can charge and run at the same time... may need a 2000... just an idea from an RV'er point of view.
misterpowertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

As long as you have some fabrication skills,its do-able.You can swap the axles by changing the mounts,and then build an engine cradle as needed.Look around the site a bit,and do some homework,and get ideas.If both carts were the same model,it would be a simple,weekend swap,including paint and cleaning. Since they are different,it makes it a cool,one-off custom-build.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
1BGBDWF
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will work on posting pic's but conversion is complete. Next week I am putting my old electric set-up back in the donor cart and posting it for sale. This was a fairly easy conversion. After getting the donor cart back on the road I will work on an engine upgrade to get my speed back.
1BGBDWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO