lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Plowmans extreme performance kits for 2012.5-2014 g29 carts

My is an 96 G16 and with all the mods by Don. I GPS at 33/35 tops. If I install the gears, I think I could go another 5 mph but with 22" tires and 30gps is pretty fast enough.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

21 with no mod to the governor is not bad. Are you running stock wheels and tires?
I've got a backfire that was there before the mod, I think I've narrowed it down to the spring on the throttle cable. It does make for some excitement when I stop though...
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaKB View Post
21 with no mod to the governor is not bad. Are you running stock wheels and tires?
I've got a backfire that was there before the mod, I think I've narrowed it down to the spring on the throttle cable. It does make for some excitement when I stop though...

Usually a backfire is caused by a throttle that does not close completely. Make sure your idle speed adjustment is set to completely close the throttle plate. If that is correct, then it's likely something to do with the cable adjustment.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #14
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisonGolf View Post
I think I am going to have to call Don back. I talked to him and he told me for my 2011 it only needed the carb kit, filter and belt. I installed it all and I didn't notice all that much change. I didn adjust the governor. Certainly nothing like you guys are experiencing. Mine does about 21 mph. Hmmmmm. Doesn't seem to pull a hill real well with 2 guys on it and clubs. I have even gone back and adjusted the carb a couple of times to see if it would change it. Wait until next week to call him.
The governor will hold your top speed to whatever it is set for. Usually with just adjustment, you can get the cart to make 19 - 21 MPH. Bypassing the governor completely will get you into the mid to upper 20's depending on tire size and health of your clutches.

If you are having trouble pulling hills, and the engine is running strong otherwise, that suggests something not quite right with the clutches, or you have oversize tires, then you need to work over the clutches to compensate for.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #15
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Bump it back up..
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #16
rheller
Not Yet Wild

Best all around clutches and service you can get for your yamaha. PERIOD!
rheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #17
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yeah, I went back and talked with Don. He pulled my info read through it and couldn't believe he didn't recommend the clutch work. Especially when I have a lift kit and 22's. He is out next week and I am in the process of packing up and moving. But I am pulling the clutches next week and sending them to him. I have all of the other mods. So we shall see how this goes.
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #18
dbmachine
Gone Wild

UPDATE!!!!!!

Almost a year has gone by since the plowmans mods were installed and cart runs just as good and strong as ever before. During the winter in 25-30 temps the cart never needed the choke. Just step on and go. I've climbed hills, logs, trees, even the side of a brick house and the clutching ate it up wanting more. Cart now has well over 300 hours with these mods and I couldn't be happier. Give don a call and tell him BJ from Alabama referred you.

Ps in the process of doing the full plowmans love to a used cart I purchased for my in laws and grandparents to cruise around on. Stay tuned.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:27 AM   #19
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
UPDATE!!!!!!

Almost a year has gone by since the plowmans mods were installed and cart runs just as good and strong as ever before. During the winter in 25-30 temps the cart never needed the choke. Just step on and go. I've climbed hills, logs, trees, even the side of a brick house and the clutching ate it up wanting more. Cart now has well over 300 hours with these mods and I couldn't be happier. Give don a call and tell him BJ from Alabama referred you.

Ps in the process of doing the full plowmans love to a used cart I purchased for my in laws and grandparents to cruise around on. Stay tuned.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #20
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It's been a year since I've done my Plowman's jets and airbox mods, and Don rebuilt and dialed in my clutches as well. I don't put a lot of "miles" on my cart, but it starts easily, runs very strong and never has a bit of trouble hauling my family and our "stuff" from the lake up to the campsite. It was a very worthwhile investment for the cart's performance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha