lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 club car ds No power to starter

Hey everyone, I have a few questions. I've done some research but really don't know what year carts I'm looking at or fully understand the break down of it all. I have a 2006 club car ds gas Power. It has I believe the kawasaki FE290. A little back story on the cart. A guy had it on some land out of state. It's sat up for the last two years. I got it for a great price. The motor turns over by hand with a nice stiff compression stroke (haven't checked psi yet). It's lifted with almost new tires. So not running I still couldn't pass on it. It's electrical I am having a problem with. When connected to the battery I am getting no power to the starter. No buzz no click nothing. I dont known if the reverse buzzer is missing. But no reverse beep either. I checked one of the micro switches. It has constant power going into one prong with the key on. When I press the peddle the other prong becomes hot. Two more prongs that aren't doing anything. So I believe this maybe the solenoid. One of the larger prongs has power. It's directly connected to the battery. The two smaller prongs. Which have a resistor or some kind of jumper between them are both hot at all times. Then on the other side which takes off to the starter. There is no power to that side at all. With the peddle and key on, no power. The starter itself has no power to it on any of the prongs. Can some one please help me with something small I may have looked over? Also to help me understand the seemingly simplistic wiring of this cart? Thank you.
Justintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 06 club car ds No power to starter

Welcome to BGW Justintroy!

Boy... I tell ya', you did a good amount of troubleshooting before asking a question! good for you!
It sure sounds to me like you have it narrowed down to the solenoid!

Try something...
Jack the rear of the cart up, and tap on the solenoid with a plastic handle of a screwdriver while attempting to start it,
if by chance it turns over, then you've found that the solenoid is sticking,
or you can jumper the 2 large lugs on the solenoid to see if the S/G turns over.

The reverse buzzer... it's behind the dash panel at the key swtich,
It's amazing how many people disconnect it because it "bothers" them!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
BigTonyB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Your comment, "it's lifted with almost new tires" makes me wonder if the ground strap from the starter to the frame, is broken. There's just not quite enough slack in the ground strap, when you add the lift blocks under the springs.
Having just lifted mine, I encountered the same problem.
BigTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Good advice Tony!

Additional ground straps were added to the front of the engine around 2000.5 (I think!) to alleviate that problem,
BUT... you never know!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #5
BigTonyB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Good advice Tony!

Additional ground straps were added to the front of the engine around 2000.5 (I think!) to alleviate that problem,
BUT... you never know!
That makes sense. I ended up running a new ground cable (out of my hord of old parts) straight to the negative terminal.
There's no such thing as, too many grounds!
BigTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #6
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Well, I kind of narrowed it down. It was the solenoid. But the kicker to the whole "got me stumped" deal. Was that the starter was also froze up. I pulled it cleaned it out and got it turning over again. Now I'm just waiting on a hand full of parts to come it. I'm sure I'll need more help from everyone! Thanks for all the advice!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:59 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Old 02-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #8
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know how I can tell how much lift my CC has?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintroy View Post
Does anyone know how I can tell how much lift my CC has?
Without physically looking at it, it's a bit difficult to guess!

What size tires are on it?

Old 02-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #10
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

It has 22x11.00 r10 tires. Doesn't seem like it sits up too high. But it's well over stock. It has an allsports lift kit on it. From the ground to the bottom part of the cart is about 14". I want to buy a new lift kit because I want it bigger. But I don't know of I should buy a 6" or an 8". I'd hate to buy the 6" and it be the same. But I'm also not wanting to cruise a monster truck either. Lol

Tags
club car, no power, solenoid, starter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car